Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when to do big shop?

Options
  • 19-12-2012 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭

When is everyone doing the xmas shop for the vegetables bread milk etc.

I can't decide if Sunday or Monday would be best.

Would i be right in assuming there will be no fresh vegetables or bread delivered to super markets on Monday?

thanks
    D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'll be doing my 'big' big shop tomorrow evening- eeeek. :eek:

Then I'll be collecting my turkey/ham etc and getting the rest of my bits and pieces on Sunday.
    I work Christmas eve so anything really last minute I need, like bread will be picked up then.

I have no idea if there are fresh bread deliveries on the 24th though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

We're doing ours Monday morning. My OH will finish work at 4am on Sunday night/Monday morning (however you like to think of it) and we're going to do it then. Our local Tesco is open 24 hours, but its always chaotic on Christmas Eve so we want to avoid that if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Gonna buy the non perishable bits today (wouldn't call it a big shop, to skint for that!) and we will buy our milk/veggies etc on Monday.

Likely buy our bread today though and chuck it in the freezer - must check is there room!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I think myself and mum are doing our shopping on Sunday (23rd) cos we like to have everything before Christmas Eve so we're not rushing around on Christmas Eve looking for stuff.

So will get all the non-perishable stuff and alcohol (:pac:) in the supermarket and then my mum usually gets the veg and fresh thyme and parsley from the 'veg man' that comes to our door :pac:

OOOOH so excited now!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I have ordered mine on line today for delivery tomorrow evening. Just have to pick up the turkey then on Sunday.

Just get some extra extra bread and chuck it it in the freezer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Doing our big shop tomorrow!
    We bought Tesco savings stamps through the year and now we have €200 to spend-our money is our own now :D
    So I have a list..the usual stuff, including booze and nibbles and stuff.
    Collecting the turkey and ham on Christmas Eve.
    Merry Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Did mine today. Have everything got and don't need to go near a shop til the new year, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I was all like yay everything got, and just this evening I have copped that I forgot the Lemon for the Sprouts :( So uber early trip to the shop tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I did it last week, less people, better bargains.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I got my turkey and ham today so that's everything now. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement