Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadget Insurance

Options
  • 19-12-2012 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

Gadget,phone ipad etc insurance. Is there a best place to get it? You can add it to the house insurance as a specified risk but when claiming you face a considerable excess and loss of your no claims bonus the following year so it is doesnt seem very worthwhile. Is there a better option?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Gadget,phone ipad etc insurance. Is there a best place to get it? You can add it to the house insurance as a specified risk but when claiming you face a considerable excess and loss of your no claims bonus the following year so it is doesnt seem very worthwhile. Is there a better option?
    cornmarket are doing it now on tablets and phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I'd recommend BlueInsurance.ie;

They do a policy for your gadgets called, believe it or not, Gadget Insurance.

There are three different levels of cover so you cover between one and six objects - you simply choose which level of cover you can afford or which one best suits your needs.

I for instance pay €151 a year and cover 5 items for that, which to me would be reasonable enough.

The only thing is there is a limit for each level of cover and cannot claim for over that limit each year. I'm covered up to €1000 so couldn't claim for more than that in the year. But generally I wouldn't think I would need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'd recommend BlueInsurance.ie;

They do a policy for your gadgets called, believe it or not, Gadget Insurance.

There are three different levels of cover so you cover between one and six objects - you simply choose which level of cover you can afford or which one best suits your needs.

I for instance pay €151 a year and cover 5 items for that, which to me would be reasonable enough.

The only thing is there is a limit for each level of cover and cannot claim for over that limit each year. I'm covered up to €1000 so couldn't claim for more than that in the year. But generally I wouldn't think I would need to.

Is there much of an excess with that? Does it cover all damages/losses?

Thanks

Advertisement