Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat loaf

Options
  • 19-12-2012 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

Well he come to Ireland during his farewell tour next year

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

hopefully not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

cena wrote: »

I wrote to his management asking the same question.

The reply I got was "meatloaf would do anything for love, but he won't do that".

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I imagine he will as he will have new material for his next album...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

He's doing Bat Out Of Hell in full on this Tour so if he's coming here I'll be there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Seen him 5 times between 1990 and 1996 and enjoyed everyone of them, however his voice is completely shot now.
    I think he should have retired from live performances years ago, for his own health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭apache

poundhound wrote: »
    Seen him 5 times between 1990 and 1996 and enjoyed everyone of them, however his voice is completely shot now.
    I think he should have retired from live performances years ago, for his own health.
    agree 100%. i am a huge fan but the the last two concerts i was at were dire. i was embarrassed for him. sad to see a legend have such a fall from grace. give up the drink and drugs meat. he forgot the words the last few concerts i was at. he was all over the shop :( lucky i was there to prompt him along :D

saw him live 13 times but sadly not in a long time and most likely never again.

ah he is a legend. his shows were amazing. and his little partner patti. paradise by the dashboard light was like a play. 15 mins of excellence.

actually having a glass of red and rooted heaven and hell out of the old cd collection and dusted it off. meat loaf and bonnie tyler - what an album!

cena wrote: »
    anyway lol hang on farewell tour? i think hes had 4 or 5 farewell tours at this stage. hes as bad as cher (who i love also). keep on doing farewell tours!

it was a sad moment in time when he done a gig in buncrana a few years ago in a marquee and i was like what????? suffice to say he didn't turn up.

poor cher and meat. come on guys. just leave it now. we have the good memories. unless of course......

apache wrote: »
    anyway lol hang on farewell tour? i think hes had 4 or 5 farewell tours at this stage. hes as bad as cher (who i love also). keep on doing farewell tours!

it was a sad moment in time when he done a gig in buncrana a few years ago in a marquee and i was like what????? suffice to say he didn't turn up.

poor cher and meat. come on guys. just leave it now. we have the good memories. unless of course......

Do you mean the bundoran gig in the Marquee? That was postponed by a night and was a fantastic gig.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Do you mean the bundoran gig in the Marquee? That was postponed by a night and was a fantastic gig.
    no way!! were you at it? i heard it was cancelled entirely. everybody was up in arms!

if you were at it what you say must be true. but seriously a fantastic gig?? are you a big fan yourself? that was in 2008. i can't believe he was on form.

apache wrote: »
    no way!! were you at it? i heard it was cancelled entirely. everybody was up in arms!

if you were at it what you say must be true. but seriously a fantastic gig?? are you a big fan yourself? that was in 2008. i can't believe he was on form.

Yeah it went ahead the night after! Had our picture in the Indo the next day as "disappointed fans"! :D
    We were one of the luckier families as we could afford the time and money (the hotel did a great deal for us) to stay the extra night.

Yeah I like Meat Loaf! Mam was a big fan back in the day so I brought her along to the Donegal gig.
    Had tickets for the O2 in 2010 but couldn't take the chance with the big snow.

I'd actually be wary of going to one of his gigs now. He was great in Bundoran and that's the way I wanna remember him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mikeskype

Thats the concert he did in bundoran a few years ago.he did actually turn up because I met him , he did the meet and greet the evening the show was ment to be on..they didnt actually have the stage set up properly and it wasnt big enough for the band.i called into the venue the day after and they were flat out trying to get it ready.and also it spilled rain that night after when the show was on and the middel of the marquee filled up with water and did actually colappese down afterwards or unless they burst it on porpose.it wasnt a suitable venue and tjey charged €60 per ticket and was only €50 in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mikeskype

Thats the concert he did in bundoran a few years ago.he did actually turn up because I met him , he did the meet and greet the evening the show was ment to be on..they didnt actually have the stage set up properly and it wasnt big enough for the band.i called into the venue the day after and they were flat out trying to get it ready.and also it spilled rain that night after when the show was on and the middel of the marquee filled up with water and did actually colappese down afterwards or unless they burst it on porpose.it wasnt a suitable venue and tjey charged €60 per ticket and was only €50 in cork

Advertisement