Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Dublin 2

Options
  • 19-12-2012 4:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone, I moved to Dublin 3 months ago and I really miss working out. I live in the Grand Canal area and was looking for a gym nearby, nothing fancy, I used to play rugby for a long time and have my own routine, free weight mostly. Hope you guys can give me some advice.

Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭diegowhite

Sportsco sounds like what you are looking for, it's on south lotts road in ringsend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Otherwise the Maldron Hotel on Cardiff lane they have reasonable rates. I was joined there for a year and found it pretty good you can go down for a trial

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Irishtown stadium is worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

One thing about Sportsco - there's only one power rack there (there is a smith machine as well), so if your free weights stuff has barbell bench/squat you could be waiting a good while to use it.

Weights area is small, but good selection of dumbbells, maybe 4 or 5 benches and the usual selection of machines. Huge amount of treadmills / cardio machines, and the advantage is its open till 10 most evenings, is usually pretty quiet in the later hours, and you're nice and close to it in Grand Canal.

I think membership for a year is around 550 for gym/sauna/pool access, but they may do a gym only deal for less.

Advertisement