Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lostprophets singer arrested for child sex abuse

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

seachto7 wrote: »
    Would you buy Jimmy Saville's books?

This is starting to sound like the guilt tripping copyright stuff on DVDs. 'You wouldn't download a car......'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Listen to lost prophets if you want.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

First of all, I'm glad to see that despite the serious nature of this topic any disagreeing posters have been keeping it reasonably civil.

However, do bear in mind that differences of opinion should not result in attacking the poster. We're all entitled to our opinions, and whether or not they sit in line with your own doesn't matter.
    An individual choosing to still listen to Lost Prophets' music DOES NOT mean they condone Ian Watkins actions.

Again, people are being reasonably civil so it's not a reprimand. Let's just try to keep it that way

Would you buy Jimmy Saville's books?

If somebody enjoyed his writing they are more than entitled to buy his books. Should I burn any of the music DVDs I have where footage from Top of the Pops is used and Savill introduces the bands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I, for one, am sad I can't listen to Shinobi Vs Dragon Ninja again without thinking of that horrible guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Prosecutor Christopher Clee QC has told the court about two phone calls Watkins made to a female friend from Parc Prison after his guilty pleas.

On November 27, the day after he admitted he was a paedophile, he said of the court hearing: "It was like either me go up there and say 'Come on, it wasn't that bad, nobody got hurt'. I do my charm or do I end up making things worse for myself or do I just say I was off my head and can't remember?"

Discussing his possible sentence, he added: "I'm going to put a statement on the 18th now just to say it was mega lols, I don't know what everyone is getting so freaked out about."

In another conversation the following day he said: "It's so hard. There's a lot of ****ing meaningless bull**** like chat that I did to show off when I was ****ing off my head.

"There was no medical evidence, nobody was harmed at all.

"I'm not a paedophile, I'm not. You know I plead (sic) guilty just to avoid a trial, not realising 'Hang on, that makes me look a bit guilty' but I would never harm anybody."

When asked if he would still issue a statement saying his conduct was "mega lols" he replied: "No, it's just lols now."

I hope he's tortured for everyday from here on in.

Defence saying he deserves credit for giving a guilty plea! What a stand-up guy Ian Watkins must be!

Judge dismissing it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

35 years. Bet there was no "megalolz" when that was read out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/lostprophets-ian-watkins-jailed-for-child-sex-crimes/

35 years - hopefully no early release or anything!

Mother A got 14 years while Mother B got 17 years.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not nearly enough for the 2 women imo

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Nea wrote: »
    35 years. Bet there was no "megalolz" when that was read out.
    judging by his good spirits on the phone the other day ..i'd say he was quite shocked to hear that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

judging by his good spirits on the phone the other day ..i'd say he was quite shocked to hear that!!

I actually think the prick thought he was going to get away with it. Hopefully he gets tortured in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Watkins should've gotten a longer sentence than the 35 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Watkins should've gotten a longer sentence than the 35 years.

Nah, i'm delighted with 35, with some of the ridiculous sentences being handed out in the UK i was slightly worried he'd get 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/r-v-watkins-and-others.pdf

Read the above, only if you have a strong stomach. The man was beyond any doubt a depraved sick fucking piece of filth.

Hopefully this is the last that we will ever hear of him until that day when his toothless, bruised body is found hanging from a shoelace. Absolutely depraved what he did and I hope that the rest of the band don't find themselves haunted by this the rest of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MetalDog wrote: »
    http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/r-v-watkins-and-others.pdf

Read the above, only if you have a strong stomach. The man was beyond any doubt a depraved sick fucking piece of filth.

Just read through that link several times, and it's only sinking in....... Ian Watkins was without a shadow of a doubt a sick ****ing individual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Hopefully this is the last that we will ever hear of him until that day when his toothless, bruised body is found hanging from a shoelace of the band don't find themselves haunted by this the rest of their lives.

I hope he isn't found hanging, that's the easy way out. I hope he lives with the fear everyday that he might be attacked, then he might possibly get an insight into what it's like to be a victim and to feel vulnerable. Probably not, though. I wonder have his parents disowned him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

MetalDog wrote: »

That just got worse and worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,070 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Rest of the band have formed a new group, No Devotion, with Geoff Rickly (ex-Thursday) on vocals.

Will be interesting to see if they are a success.

http://www.nme.com/news/lostprophets/78239

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

So I see this thread is updated, and I click on it, only to find that Watkins' lifeless body wasn't found hanging in his cell.

"Disappointed" doesn't quite cover it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Christ, that No Devotion stuff is crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Christ, that No Devotion stuff is crap

Needs more peado.

Advertisement