Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cracked s3 screen!! :-(

Options
  • 19-12-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So i dropped my phone one too many times and it gave in, the whole screen is cracked in several tiny pieces!! I have had two quotes of nearly 200 yoyos to replace the screen...madness!!

But now after using it a bit i think i may have done some internal damage as when i am on a call my screen goes blank and doesnt come back on until the call has ended, so i cant hang up until the caller does....which is tough when you are on an automated call!

I only got it on an upgrade in sep so another upgrade isnt an option and they are nearly 600 new so thats also out of the question!

Any ideas on my best options in this situation??

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sounds like its just the screen and proximity sensor. So is probably worth fixing. It will be like you say around the €200 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

my brother smashed his screen yesterday, got it replaced for €175 today in fhonemenders, they did a decent job

• Registered Users Posts: 9 deebs

Thanks. I just did some research and i can order a new screen on ebay and fix it myself with the help of a 'how to' youtube video! Fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

deebs wrote: »
    Thanks. I just did some research and i can order a new screen on ebay and fix it myself with the help of a 'how to' youtube video! Fingers crossed!!!

Be sure you get a decent screen, I know some of the spurious iphone 4 screens listed as oem were brutal. One I fitted recently youd nearly put your finger through the screen trying to press it, and the image quality was fairly brutal too.

I heard fonemenders in Limerick will fit an original screen for 165. Might be worth a call as they are authourised samsung repairers afaik.

Advertisement