Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with name server (according to domain registrar)

Options
  • 19-12-2012 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I don't know where to post this so...

I have the domain temping.ie on a server. This server is configured to also act as its name server. (I know that's weird, but I'm mentioning it in case it is part of the problem.)

I want to move temping.ie to a new server. First I copy the account across to the new server, and I then update the name server record at the registrar to the new name server. (I am now using the hosting company's name servers).

Problem: the registrar is giving me the following error:

Parameter value policy error. ns1.softlayer.com is not authoritative for zone tempjobs.ie.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

You have the auth the new Server to be able to do a Zone-Transfer.

But need more info to help, OS of each Server would be a good starting point.
    Hi all

I don't know where to post this so...

I have the domain temping.ie on a server. This server is configured to also act as its name server. (I know that's weird, but I'm mentioning it in case it is part of the problem.)

I want to move temping.ie to a new server. First I copy the account across to the new server, and I then update the name server record at the registrar to the new name server. (I am now using the hosting company's name servers).

Problem: the registrar is giving me the following error:

Parameter value policy error. ns1.softlayer.com is not authoritative for zone tempjobs.ie.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Thank you for your reply.

I figured it out. At my hosting company I simply need to add the domains to their DNS. They have an area in their control panel for this.

Advertisement