Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of date High 5 gels

• 19-12-2012 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi. I've just remembered I have an open box of High 5 orange Isogels with a best before date of 29/9/2012. There's 18 gels left in the box. I'll be chucking them out unless someone wants to collect them in the Dublin 6 area this weekend. First come first served!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

They wont do you any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Their Still good to go.. A used by Date is the Deadline of which they must be used best before is a guideline to when they should be used

i would still use them their in an Air Thigh Seal. so the taste will stay the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

Thanks. I'd risk them myself but I've no use for them at the moment. I bought them for marathon training last spring but I've just started jogging again after a stress fracture so I probably won't be needing gels again until next summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Freeze them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Best before, not bad after :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

My gels regularly run past their best by date as I keep taking them so rarely.
    I have yet to run into problems with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Pretty sure I've taken more "gone off" high 5 gels than ones in date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

A P wrote: »
    I probably won't be needing gels again until next summer.

They'll still be fine.

Advertisement