Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got broadband.

Options
  • 19-12-2012 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, Dont know if this is the right place for this, feel free to move.

Just got broadband with eircom. We live in the Thurles area. Now the reason we went with eircom over vodafone was that the guy that came to our door told us our line would need to be upgraded and this would cost 250 dabs to do if we went with vodafone (which didnt turn out to be the case).

So the guy gave us the sceal saying that a guy would be out to upgrade the line and install broadband box in whatever room was most convinient. Fast forward to the guy coming and hes here for two minutes, rings the line through and his job is done. Fast forward to today and we get a box in the post with two cables shorter than my arms to connect up the internet.

Whats the story? We went with eircom because it would be more convinient based on what this guy was telling us (despite having a pre exisiting contract with vodafone) and to be honest it seems like a bit of a trick. We didnt need an upgraded line, nor did someone install our internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Congrats on the broadband....very exciting. The world wide web is a wonderful thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The guy who knocked on your door lied to you.

I'm confused about something though, it sounds like you already had broadband with Vodafone, so what did the Eircom engineer come out for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

The guy who knocked on your door lied to you.

I'm confused about something though, it sounds like you already had broadband with Vodafone, so what did the Eircom engineer come out for?

The vodafone broadband was only one of those wireless stick ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Congrats on the broadband....very exciting. The world wide web is a wonderful thing

Thanks. You can imagine my suprise when some guy came to my door telling me about this here interweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

HI keelanj69

Would you like to PM me your account details? I will look into this for you.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement