Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android emulator crashes

Options
  • 19-12-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Tinkering about with android at the mo .. lots of past programming exp so just having a look really..
    I have installed java SDK and eclipse and ADT.

All set up..

However every time I run the AVD (emulator) she starts up and crashes in min or so...

I'm getting following pop up via Visual Studio:
    "An Unhandled win32 exception occurred in emulator-arm.exe[3656]. Just-In_time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging Enabled. In Visual Studio,Just-In_time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In_time.

Wondering am I setting up the AVD correctly?
    Anyone assist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Delete it and make new one, the default settings usually just work. Make sure you aren't out of disk space or memory or whatever.

Don't try to attach vs debugger to it, that will make things worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

srsly78 wrote: »
    Delete it and make new one, the default settings usually just work. Make sure you aren't out of disk space or memory or whatever.

Don't try to attach vs debugger to it, that will make things worse :)

Tried everything....still crashes :(

Plus how do I un attach the vs debugger...it just comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is it the nexus 7 emulator you're trying to run?

Change the RAM to 512 and see what happens. There's a known issue there relating to the allocation of memory to that emulator.

Advertisement