Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo...Stripped.

Options
  • 19-12-2012 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

For the Sligo boardsies who may not have seen this, nicely made docu by Sligoman Glenn Gannon, about another Sligoman Joe Gallagher-it's a fly on the wall style docu about Joe, who's started up his own business as a stripper in Sligo town.

It's a really great piece, full of familiar faces, some really funny moments, and some really touching moments too-well worth a watch if you've not seen it.

Fair play to everyone involved in it, really caught the essence of Sligo town, good craic, people looking out for one another....it felt like I was actually watching my home on t.v., unlike some of the shows I've seen about Sligo, which feel a bit a detached sometimes (if that makes sense!)

Anyhoo, watch it, enjoy it, share it....as the old Sligo Tourism sticker used to say, Sligo is surprising!

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10096574/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I posted about this in the chit chat thread, but anyway, really enjoyed it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭glaswegian

got a message saying link does not exist or is out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

glaswegian wrote: »

He was an old school buddy, and still I guy I'd stop and chat too.

If we did a class yearbook and 'most likely to be a stripper...' I can tell ya, none of us would have picked him.

Great man tho. Hilarious craic and a decent fella.

glaswegian wrote: »

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/TV50:%20Stripped/ I searched for it and while it acknowledges it, it gives me the same 404 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

It's on again tonight. (Friday)

RTE2 11.45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Hopefully they'll create a new one after tonight's show.
    Really really enjoyed it, would love to watch it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Gomer Pyle wrote: »
    It's on again tonight. (Friday)

RTE2 11.45

I've the savage eye showing for that time? Is that not a comedy sketch show?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I've the savage eye showing for that time? Is that not a comedy sketch show?

Checked the schedule on rte.ie and aertv.ie and both say Stripped. Then checked online with Sky, they have a film called Two Lovers listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

I thought it was pretty funny. no bull sh1t kind of person you find a lot in Sligo town...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I missed the Stripped programme on RTE earlier in the week but had set my 2 Sky+ boxes to tape the repeat which was due to be broadcast I think on Friday night.
    Ive just checked and it hasnt recorded on either box so it obviously wasnt repeated and its not on RTE Player and Im sure it was earlier in the week.
    Anyone any idea whats happened??:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

johnire wrote: »
    I missed the Stripped programme on RTE earlier in the week but had set my 2 Sky+ boxes to tape the repeat which was due to be broadcast I think on Friday night.
    Ive just checked and it hasnt recorded on either box so it obviously wasnt repeated and its not on RTE Player and Im sure it was earlier in the week.
    Anyone any idea whats happened??:confused::confused::confused:

According to a few posts on FB, some people complained about their image being used on the show, people in the background, I'm not quite sure. So its been taken off. Bit disapointed my self as my connection dropped whilst watching it on the player, when I went back to watch it it was gone.

Oh, and main thread is here, few threads below this one.

;)

johnire there is already a thread on this as irish-stew has pointed out. moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, its on vimeo now... link:: http://vimeo.com/57618256

enjoy.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

http://stripsligo.com/

Website if you want to make a booking. :)

Advertisement