Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late payment fees on loans.

Options
  • 19-12-2012 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

My salary was late in going thru and as a result I missed a direct debit on a motor loan. My account shows that I was charged a missed payment fee of a little over €12. However within 2 working days my account had sufficient funds to pay the direct debit but wasn't hit for the DD amount until after 9 working days. I was expecting this to happen but I wasn't expecting to be charged over €25 extra as the missed payment amount had aparantly already been applied to my account. The loan was a 5 year motor loan but there are only 7 payments left with the final payment due in July 2013. Does this all sound right or have I been overcharged in this case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

If you miss a DD, there is a charge from your bank due to it going missed. Check the terms of your current account and it will state it. Often if missed there is a time period when they will attempt to take the payment again via DD.

Advertisement