Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Taxi company

Options
2»

Comments

corkonion wrote: »
    Both k cabs and bline ( now arrow) are taxi companies not hackney, and its illegal for them to transport you without running their meters............

K cabs defo have hackneys as well as taxi cabs :)
    If a hackney was requested there is nothing to stop them sending a taxi who is willing to work to the base hackney pricelist afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

RoverJames wrote: »

K cabs defo have hackneys as well as taxi cabs :)
    If a hackney was requested there is nothing to stop them sending a taxi who is willing to work to the base hackney pricelist afaik.
    Yes there is something too stop them, its called the law, it is illegal for a taxi tho transport you, or anybody without running his metre or getting you to sign a disclaimer, end of story, therres no its or buts, its the law

corkonion wrote: »
    Yes there is something too stop them, its called the law, it is illegal for a taxi tho transport you, or anybody without running his metre or getting you to sign a disclaimer, end of story, therres no its or buts, its the law

That's only if you get the taxi from a rank or hail it down, if you prebook a hackney the car that arrives can have a taxi plate but as I stated in my earlier post it's free to work to hackney rates once it's prebooked through the base.

As you're wrong about K cabs having hackneys are you sure you're not wrong about the finer details of PSV legislation too?

A taxi can work as a hackney, a hackney can't work as a taxi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Thanks RoverJames

I use K Cabs all the time and there are still hackneys operating for them and NEVER does a "Taxi" pull up n run the meter
    They pull up n log in a note book where they are collecting and droping and they charge you hackney fare for it!

Satiliete taxis would go bust with out there scandolous call out charges and extra person fares!Also this "zonal" system they operate is a joke too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Satellite Cabs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Thanks RoverJames

I use K Cabs all the time and there are still hackneys operating for them and NEVER does a "Taxi" pull up n run the meter
    They pull up n log in a note book where they are collecting and droping and they charge you hackney fare for it!

Satiliete taxis would go bust with out there scandolous call out charges and extra person fares!Also this "zonal" system they operate is a joke too!

Zonal system? Whats that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Cork taxi co-op have ther own app now too
    http://itun.es/ie/9zLGH.i
    Hailo is coming to Cork too soon...it's an app available in many other cities already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

soundsham wrote: »
    Cork taxi co-op have ther own app now too
    http://itun.es/ie/9zLGH.i
    Hailo is coming to Cork too soon...it's an app available in many other cities already

Hailo is a fantastic app.Have used it in dublin.Love the way you can pull up the driver's details and reject them as your driver if you wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

soundsham wrote: »

Where did ya see that? Any idea when?

EDIT - never mind..found it...https://www.hailocab.com/dublin/drivers/blog/2012/11/30/hailo-driver-update-nov

Advertisement