Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Monitor

Options
  • 19-12-2012 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hello I have a dell monitor for the past 5-6 years, that has been working perfectly, and in dual setp for past 1-1.5 years. Today the power button is flashing green and a wierd sound coming out of the back. I have tried plugging it out of the DVI and power cables and into a different power cable with nothing else - still the same result.

I'm not sure what model it is - its black with a small silver side panel 17"

Any help would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: Was working fine last night btw

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Could be bad capacitors, does the screen show any picture just without brightness out of interest?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

yoyo wrote: »
    Could be bad capacitors, does the screen show any picture just without brightness out of interest?

Nick
    Justafter fixing.. a fewgentle taps on the back and leavingit plugged in for an hour

Advertisement