Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confused

Options
  • 19-12-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

i had €37 available in my a/c yestrday & took out €20. Tried to buy something today for €8 on my visa debit& it was declined. Printed a mini-statement which says the money for stuff I bought Penneys on the 14th was taken out today ? So now I am -€15?! Can anyone let me know why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Shinaynay,

We've had a similar question earlier where the information might help you:
    Normally when you make a purchase using your Visa Debit card, your balance will be updated immediately and the transaction will show on your account with a description of 'DEBIT CARD'. Once the transaction has been fully processed by the retailer, the description will update with the name of the retailer.

The delay that you've experienced may be down to the retailer that you have made the transaction with. For example, if the retailer is processing their transactions in batches, this would result in a delay before the transaction reaches your account in the first place.

However, we've asked our technical team to investigate whether there were any system issues with updating transactions or balances in the last few days. We'll post back here when we have an update for you.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

Hi Shinaynay,

We've had a similar question earlier where the information might help you:

However, we've asked our technical team to investigate whether there were any system issues with updating transactions or balances in the last few days. We'll post back here when we have an update for you.

Thanks,
    Graham

Thanks for your reply! Guess I'll have to hold out on eating till I get paid at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

ive gotten charged for the overdraft which is quite unfair. is this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Shinaynay.

There is an annual charge of €25 for having an active overdraft facility in place on your account. This charge will increase to €30 on 18th February 2013.

You can find more information on overdraft fees and charges here.

If you wish to cancel the overdraft on your account, please contact your account holding branch or alternatively you may contact our Lending Department directly on 1890 365 100 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

Advertisement