Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living Social

Options
  • 19-12-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,654 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering has anyone every managed to contact Living Social..They are really peeing me off. My mum brought a deal from them and I can no more contact the crowd who offered the deal or living social.

I have tried emails, facebook..Next step is where do you report these companies too any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yup, I managed to contact them once for a deal where the company closed down. By phone. You will be on hold for ages and ages. Very hard to deal with. Not a fan here of any of the deal companies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

They finally answered me after a good few emails. You have to be persistent with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,654 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thank you, I finally managed to get them by create a stupid twitter account and let it rip, well not a lot but asked for a reply.. Got it sorted well they credited my mum but have to say I have warned her off using them..Really bad service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

ah, the woes of Living Social users... I'm was in the same boat wrt contacting them. The only way I've ever managed to get anyone to look into anything is by phone. Usually on hold for >10 mins.
    I've mailed about problems before through their website and only once got an automated reply/confirmation to say they're busy and will look into it, obviously I didn't actually ever get a reply concerning the problem.

I'm now trying to return an item purchased through a deal (very poor quality product that looks like it's from the 2Euro shop, and advertised as reduced to less than half price....from £40 :eek:), fingers crossed I get some sort of confirmation, as they say I've only 7 days to notify them of a return.
    Noticed that many of the website for whom they do deals don't have any way of contacting them - no email, no phone number (and frequently omit their business address), bar some web-interface through which to submit queries to which you never get replies. I've gotten telephone numbers for 2 such companies through Living Social only after waiting weeks and weeks for a product delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,654 ✭✭✭Milly33

go forth to twitter, seems to get answered pretty quick as it is public. Don't see how they get away with it. The other company that my mum got the deal with haven't even answered the emails that was sent to them..hope you get something back from them.

I saw those lindt Christmas trees that were on offer over the Christmas and would be seriously peed if I had paid good money for them, cant trust them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I only got my product yesterday, though it was ordered mid-november. It turned out to be utterly crap and once I googled it, turned out it's a scam running in germany/nethelands over last couple of years. So can't believe LS actually sells on their behalf.
    Got through to LS on the phone, no reply to any emails obviously. Too late to get refund from LivingSocial it turns out once it's redeemed so I have to chase the product seller for returns and refund. I got through on the phone to the seller and got email for requesting RMA forms. So fingers crossed when send it back, will actually get some kind of LS "bucks" and see what else they'll try to pawn me...

PS: I've posted about 2 different products here. Just realised probably confusing when I'm referring to two different deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I'm trying to contact these by phone, but all I get is forwarded to an automated voicemail service saying the user no longer subscribes to this service.

Then it hangs up.

How are you meant to ring them??????

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

As others have mentioned use twitter and you will get a quick response.

Any company with a twitter account will do their best to sort out any issues raised there fairly quickly :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Turns out the contact number they have on each of their emails (ends in 2557) is completely useless. I was ringing it all day yesterday and no answer.

Eventually found another number and git through, but as others have said, you'll be in hold.

for anyone needing to get in touch with them by phone. Call in the morning as soon as they open. Both times that I had to call I got through right away.
    I sat by the phone, looking at the time, and as soon as it hit 9.00 I dialled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 petermck

Anyone got a number that works for them? I can only get email responses which tell me to take it up with the vendor. I've told them many times that the vendor has never responded to any emails or voicemails.
    <SNIP> fronting for <SNIP>

well what do you know, you need to subscribe to even view their website!

Giving a fake email, got to the site, you need to click on help, then select country at the very top, which will give you telephone number for Ireland:
    353-1-653-5675

Link probably won't work as I'd say info is saved as cookies with the https...:
    https://help.livingsocial.com/contact_us

I recommend you ring them when the lines open, 9am on the dot. Anything later and you'll be waiting for 10-20 mins and listening to their god-awful music...

Advertisement