Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

livery yards in Rathfarnham area

Options
  • 19-12-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,
    am looking for full livery in or around the Rathfarnham area. There seems to be a few yards - Rathfarnham Equestrian, Cruagh Lodge, Killakee Livery. Just wondering if any of you know what kind of facilities they have to offer? or if you know of any others I have discounted.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Killakee v quiet, in fact I'm not even sure if they are open/ have liveries at the moment! Cruagh is nice over heard but arenas can be a mud bath and the turnout is very limited or else miles up from the yard into the forest. I was in rathfarnham equestrian for years and it is a great yard, big indoor with stables indoor and adjoining the arena. Outdoor is smaller and surface is not the best but it's somewhere to ride in the summer. Turnouts within the yard are effectively just mud pens but they do have a huge turnout field across the road. Hacking in the hellfire and masseys up the road. Also new xc belonging to the yard ten mins hack down the road, it hasnt got a huge amount of fences but it's a great place for a gallop off the public tracks like masseys etc. you have to rent it but it's a handy enough facility. I've recently moved to Brooke lodge After years in rathfarnham, the only problem is that they haven't really changed the types of livery with the times, and I'm getting a great deal on DIY there with amazing facilities for less than I was paying, and all I have to do really is muck out in the evenings! Hope that helps, I've been in Killakee as well and a few other yards around the area so if you have any other questions let me know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 starpixie72

thanks for that Silverfox, Killakee arent on the web so have been finding it hard to find out what they offer etc. but as you said maybe they arent doing livery anymore. Cruagh have an advert on donedeal offering livery seems they have an indoor arena now so thats a positive, but if the turn out is miles up the road thats a bit of a bummer. Pity there isnt great turn out in Rathfarnham EC, with the XC do you have to have a minimum number of people to rent it out? Might check out Brooke Lodge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 adamant3

I drove past Killakee today and there is still a livery sign outside so maybe check them out if you havent already starpixie. I know Rathfarnham too, you can see the horses in a small paddock when you drive past. Not sure what it is like though, good luck with your search

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mark Kane EqDt

<snip>i do quite a bit of work in Hampton lodge equestrian in brittas, thats not too far away around 9 mile and its a lovely place with a cracking Atmosphere and great people! There on facebook im sure!

Advertisement