Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child benefit jan 1st payment 2013

Options
  • 19-12-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone
    Can anyone tell me when this child benefit will be paid. I am with bank of Ireland and when the bank holiday falls on the Monday i always have it on the Saturday in my bank account, as this year the new years day holiday is on the Tuesday will the money be there on the Saturday. Not sure as themonday 31rst is a normal working day according to BOIs website.Can anyone help me find out this as trying to budget for next weekend and be great to know if it goes in early. Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bernib5

Thank you. Apparently its paid on 1rst Jan, but would that not mean it be in you're bank accout earlier than that due yo bank hol?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No, they are running a bank roll on Monday night so it will be in your account as normal on Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

January wrote: »
    No, they are running a bank roll on Monday night so it will be in your account as normal on Tuesday morning.

Thats not what it says on the link?

Child Benefit and Household Benefit Payments
    Payments due for collection on Tuesday 1 January 2013 may be collected on Wednesday 2 January 2013.

That's for payments into the post office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

oops sorry yes i've just seen that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2 k9ewobble

Payments for Child Benefit and Household Benefit due on Tuesday 1 January 2013 will be paid on Tuesday 1 January 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lsrec

Thanks , did not even have to ask the question and I got my answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BoDiddly

I am confused here, so the payment will register in the bank at midnight on New Years eve ? Also is it just me but are they saying all the an post offices will be stuffed with money over a bank holiday ???! Asking for trouble IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ibabe100

Hi payment is not til tue in the bank and wed post office so yes they full of money. People thought it be in bank sat so few are stuck. They ment to hold payment off til after the weekend..

• Advertisement

Yes, the payment will go in late tonight or early tomorrow morning depending on who you bank with. When I was with BOI it used to arrive around 7am now that I am with PTSB it comes in around 11pm the night before.

I'm not sure how post offices work but I don't think the money is left there overnight, and if it is it will be in the time locked safe.

Thanks i am with the aib don't have clue what time it goes in with them. just that it be on the 1st ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MandaZach

Hopefully it is in the AIB tomorrow, I am beyond broke. I rang the AIB bank here and they said it might not go until wednesday, the woman did say to ring Social Welfare though to check as it might go in tonight.
    It does say it's in the bank tomorrow on the SW site

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/ChristmasArrangements.aspx

so hopefully all the banks will have it in, is it up to each bank or is it an automated thing though? I worried my bank will be the only one that won't pay it knowing my luck!

It'll be there. Payments for AIB usually don't show until morning time either (my partner is with AIB and he was on illness benefit last year for a while and it was paid into bank and usually arrived early morning too).

January wrote: »
    It'll be there. Payments for AIB usually don't show until morning time either (my partner is with AIB and he was on illness benefit last year for a while and it was paid into bank and usually arrived early morning too).
    Oh good I hope so, why did they tell me it would be in Wednesday when I rang the bank? they really haven't a clue you would think with so many being paid their child benefit into the bank they could tell you.

I don't drink so don't mind not getting it for New Years eve but I need to shop badly tomorrow. Christmas leaves you broke!

Wednesday that mad ..social site says jan 1st for bank and wednesday for post office .bank lady was been nasty she either has no kids or dont need the child benfit in that case lucky her ..

ibabe100 wrote: »
    Wednesday that mad ..social site says jan 1st for bank and wednesday for post office .bank lady was been nasty she either has no kids or dont need the child benfit in that case lucky her ..
    They are useless in the bank when you ring them, they ask you so many questions to make sure it's actually your account then haven't a clue when the money is going in

I rang another time asking the same question about child benefit and got another fool telling me they didn't know anything, if I owed them money they would be able to see that on their computers quick enough.

I will check this thread tomorrow so if anyone gets to an AIB bank early let us know if it's in!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gallaigirl

Hi girls
    Im ptsb and mine has gone in just before midnight...
    Happy new year to u all
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Monduka

Happy New Year! I am with Danske bank and no payment till now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

With BOI and I got mine last night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭nhg

Mine's in AIB a/c this morn ........ The new reduced amount .........

Thanks. I am with aib so mine in ..

Monduka wrote: »
    Happy New Year! I am with Danske bank and no payment till now:(

Your not the only one, someone on Magicmum is with Danske too and no payment, will probably be there tomorrow.

Mine was in AIB too, I have never seen my presses and fridge so empty so thank god Tescos was open today. The kids will eat well tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Anyone know if childrens allowance will be in tommorow? 3rd may 2013

Should be, always in the Saturday before a bank holiday. Sometimes Ulster Bank and Danske Bank wait until the Tuesday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Its in my bank Im ptsb :)

Advertisement