Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling

• 19-12-2012 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭

So ive been tiling a bathroom for about 3 weeks now :rolleyes:

It should have taken me no more than a day and a half.

People keep saying oh I want this then when its up , oh now we want this and that and this and that :mad:

So finished up all the walls, got the floor down and now there is a leak because the plumber is a cowboy and ****ed up the radiator pipes.

Anyhoo I get a call about the leak, plumber blaming me of course :rolleyes:

Went down had a look yesterday, floor has been ripped up to get at the leak, floorboards removed, wall tiles at the bottom all broken, ****e everywhere.

Was told the plumber would have the leak fixed today and radiator back on the wall as good as new.

So I go down just there, and still all the floorboards and ****e and all his mess everywhere.

Should he be putting the floorboards back down???

Would that be up to me the tiler???

I just walked out and said here, sort it out and i'll finish it.

Am I in the wrong? Head is melted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

If the leaks are fixed he is a complete tosser if he just left it like that. While it's not your job to put back the boards I suggest you do it so at least you know they will bevfixed down correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

**** em - I know it sounds bad :)

Your man can shove his tiles up his hole. Its like me going in and removing all the pipes.

I work 7 days a week and doing this as a favour for a friends friend, not even getting paid.

The plumber can go back and sort it out.

Advertisement