Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound - new offer

Options
  • 19-12-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Seems almost too good to be true. Sales fellas at the door were very pushy, trying to sign me up there and then. Got the leaflet anyway:

Black Bin €5.50
    Brown Bin €3
    Green Bin Free

Regardless of weight

Two months free to start

They told me no other charges, no annual service charge, nothing

Comparison for my case 11 black bins per year, no brown bin:

Greyhound: 11* 5.50 = €60.50
    Citybin: 11*8.40 + 12 * 4 = €140.40

How can I not switch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

unkel wrote: »
    Seems almost too good to be true. Sales fellas at the door were very pushy, trying to sign me up there and then. Got the leaflet anyway:

Black Bin €5.50
    Brown Bin €3
    Green Bin Free

Regardless of weight

Two months free to start

They told me no other charges, no annual service charge, nothing

Comparison for my case 11 black bins per year, no brown bin:

Greyhound: 11* 5.50 = €60.50
    Citybin: 11*8.40 + 12 * 4 = €140.40

How can I not switch?

Obviously they have a lost a lot of customers in your local area, so they are trying out a few area specific "offers"

I wouldn't trust Greyhound ever....left them today due to the massive price increases they are imposing from January.

On my package they wanted to charge me 33 cent on every kilo over my newly imposed weight limit of 25kg. My last lift was 42 kg....bringing my bill up to 10 euro for that single bin. Prepare to hear from a lot of angry greyhound customers in January on liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah I'd be worried it either wouldn't work out (Greyhound have a brutal reputation with most people I know in Lucan) or that they up their prices.

Should I switch back to Citybin, their terms will be far less favourable than what I am on now (they are already, with a fair use weights policy in place :eek:)
    barrackali wrote: »
    they wanted to charge me 33 cent on every kilo over my newly imposed weight limit of 25kg. My last lift was 42 kg....

My typical bin is between 70KG and 110KG :eek:

I'll sit firmly on the fence on this one for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

No mention of the annual government imposed landfill charge? I bet it's buried in the T&Cs!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

barrackali wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust Greyhound ever
    simple as

yeah got the same speil €99 a year 20% less than citybin guaranteed etc.

Citybin have been reliable so far

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Greyhound have been <Snip>. I'd be very reluctant to give them my money.

Less of the speculation please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ted1 wrote: »
    Greyhound have been <Snip>. I'd be very reluctant to give them my money.

Less of the speculation please.

They have being caught and fined for illegal dumping. No speculation just facts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

wouldnt use them if they were free

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

There's a 14 page thread in the Dublin City section on GH waste. Worth reading before you make deal

Advertisement