Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overstudying.

• 19-12-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Is there such a thing?
    I have a feeling I am doing it.
    Just wondering has anyone else ever suffered from it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Kenbob wrote: »
    Is there such a thing?

Once studied 8 hours in 1 day for a class test, still only got a C :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I wish! I have the opposite problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Once studied 8 hours in 1 day for a class test, still only got a C :rolleyes:

I feel your pain we had a biology test the other day I had the whole thing off Sunday (spent hours) and she waited off a few days to give it to us and I got a lousey C! My mind was all frazzled from an Irish essay too I suppose in which I got an A1 (For anyone who's askin' ;)

I wish! I have the opposite problem.

It'll all come together after Christmas.. WON'T IT?!
    I know a girl who didn't REALLY start studying untill mid may and she got 465 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

I know a girl who didn't REALLY start studying untill mid may and she got 465 :D

hearing stories like that gives me so much hope, they better be true:pac:

• Advertisement

hearing stories like that gives me so much hope, they better be true:pac:
    Ya but she's says she was sorry she didn't do more earlier and break 500..food for thought rolleyes.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I do 5 to 8:30 study every day . And 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday . It is hard work but it pays off when you get the results . Sometimes I do feel like I over study . I get an awful headache and feel really tired after studying .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Well, I have been doing some study, just not as much as I had hoped. I'm planning on doing a good bit over Christmas. Motivation is my main problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Definitely such a thing! It's really easy to overdo studying. Take frequent breaks, don't overexert yourself too early on (it is only December after all!), and if you need to stop, stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Ya but she's says she was sorry she didn't do more earlier and break 500..food for thought rolleyes.png

oh shes one of those kinda people :/ i just want to get as many points by doing as little as possible , motivation needed badly :pac:

• Advertisement

leaveiton wrote: »
    Definitely such a thing! It's really easy to overdo studying. Take frequent breaks, don't overexert yourself too early on (it is only December after all!), and if you need to stop, stop.

Woo hope at the end of the tunnel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Is there such a thing?
    I did the LC last year and definitely overstudied ! Prob 35 hours + a week :O teachers actually told me to stop doing so much study ! Kinda burned out over Christmas which can really depress ya :( long hours of study will pay off but ya do need some respite !

haro124 wrote: »
    I did the LC last year and definitely overstudied ! Prob 35 hours + a week :O teachers actually told me to stop doing so much study ! Kinda burned out over Christmas which can really depress ya :( long hours of study will pay off but ya do need some respite !

I am doing about that and last friday I burnt out and have been watching myself since found my Christmas tests went kinda dodge because I was too worn out to work the night before which I find is key! smile.png Lesson Learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Woo hope at the end of the tunnel!

Yup, and take it from someone who burned out completely after Christmas and then went on to get fairly high points :P

Advertisement