Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits?

• 19-12-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Where would be the best place in Limerick, Galway or Ennis to buy a decent 3 piece suit for around €200-€300?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mr. D always gets his suits in Patrick Bourkes, O'Connell Sq, Ennis or Tony Connolly's in Limerick. My brother who is about ten years younger likes Mannix and Club Dangan (both in Ennis).

I miss Tonie's fashions, I often bought shirts for Mr. D in there, Tony was always really nice to deal with and he was good for a bargain too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd go to tony connollys although debenhams sometimes have nice stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 julianclare

Bourkes had really really nice slim fit 3 pieces the last time i was in.... i know its a bit late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Depends what you're looking for really. My husband couldn't find a suit he liked in Limerick last week. He's in his mid 40's and the suits were either skinny lapels or very obvious stitching detail, which frankly makes a suit look cheap in my opinion. Limerick was pretty much the same suits in every mans shop we went to. You might be better off looking in Galway. We found nothing he liked so will have a look in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Patrick Bourkes, Ennis.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got a nice suit in Club Dangan recently enough, I'm not trendy/slim/young enough to get away with a lot of "cheaper" suits, and I've had to wear a suit for work a lot in the past (nothing worse than a cheap suit on the wrong person) but I found I have a choice of suits in Club Dangan, there's often a suit sale on there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Marks and Spencer's could be worth a look too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭ollaetta

OP has probably got sorted long ago but for what it's worth here's a +1 for Bourkes. Got a lovely suit there a while back and always find the lads there very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Used work in one the above.

I'd recommend checking TK Maxx. Can get stuff worth 500 for 200ish.

There weren't any 3 piece suits really in the place I worked in town but maybe it's gotten popular since I was there. Decent suits in town for 300ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Go to Dublin. Not a big fan of the suit shops in Ennis or Limerick. The lads in Manix are sound. Have bought 3 suits in Manix and 3 in Bourkes. Bourkes come across as more professional but to be honest they tend to talk a lot of crap to make the sale.

I now buy all my suits in Dublin and to be honest, unless your looking for a suit you will only wear a handful of times,you will need to spend more than €300.

In Dublin try Louis Copeland in Dundrum/IFSC. Tommy Hilfiger in Dundrum/Grafton Street or House of Fraser. A lot better quality than at home. You get what you pay for!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 julianclare

Used work in one the above.

I'd recommend checking TK Maxx. Can get stuff worth 500 for 200ish.

There weren't any 3 piece suits really in the place I worked in town but maybe it's gotten popular since I was there. Decent suits in town for 300ish.

where did you work? ennis or limerick? thats awful

To be honest i would not recommend driving to dublin to buy a suit as you would get one just as good around without adding another €100 on to the bill for petrol...... Bourkes do Tommy Hilfiger suits and I think personally that tk maxx are the most awful looking suits that's why they are so cheap....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

TK Maxx have lots of ugly crap but Hilfiger or Ted Baker stuff turns up there relatively often. Not a guarantee (place seems to have gone downmarket a lot in the last two years) but worth a punt if you're looking for a designer suit for 200 bucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

ulinbac wrote: »
    Go to Dublin. Not a big fan of the suit shops in Ennis or Limerick. The lads in Manix are sound. Have bought 3 suits in Manix and 3 in Bourkes. Bourkes come across as more professional but to be honest they tend to talk a lot of crap to make the sale.

I now buy all my suits in Dublin and to be honest, unless your looking for a suit you will only wear a handful of times,you will need to spend more than €300.

In Dublin try Louis Copeland in Dundrum/IFSC. Tommy Hilfiger in Dundrum/Grafton Street or House of Fraser. A lot better quality than at home. You get what you pay for!!

Why not support local business?

Advertisement