Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest heating oil in dublin

Options
  • 19-12-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭

got a quote of 860 euro for 1000lts of heating oil from http://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Dublin.aspx and my usual supplier said that there is a reason for the low quote, but doesnt want to say why there is a difference of 30euro between them. anyone figure it out, eg laundried, dirty etc. do nasi check the oil companys for same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

horse7 wrote: »
    got a quote of 860 euro for 1000lts of heating oil from http://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Dublin.aspx and my usual supplier said that there is a reason for the low quote, but doesnt want to say why there is a difference of 30euro between them. anyone figure it out, eg laundried, dirty etc. do nasi check the oil companys for same.

He doesn't want to drop his price, so implies the competition are dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭horse7

i dont think its that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭horse7

If the heating oil is washed,can it do damage to the oil burner. Do customs not check the oil tankers?

If the heating oil is washed,can it do damage to the oil burner. Do customs not check the oil tankers?

Never heard of washed kerosene, only agricultural diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Kerosene wont be washed. It has to be marked red for home heating anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Depends on what price the retailer purchased the product from the importer.

Plus some providers genuinely undercut to raise customer numbers.

Regarding the quality of the product, it will be fine (Kerosene)

i dont think its that simple.

why?

Advertisement