Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makeup Brush Set

• 19-12-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My brother has tasked me with buying his girlfriend a makeup brush set for Christmas. The budget is 100 euro. His eyes nearly popped out of his head when I said he would only get three MAC brushes for that. I know the MAC set is a possibility but the quality is inferior so MAC is off the table now.

He specifically wants a set and he also shot down my idea for the Real Techniques brushes as he thinks they aren't expensive enough! :rolleyes: It is too late to order Sigma online now. I was thinking about having a gander at the other makeup counters in BT and Debenhams. Has anyone any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Definitely too late for Sigma website but cloud10 might get here in time

http://www.cloud10beauty.com/tools-accessories/sigma-12-brush-kit-make-me-cool-aqua.html

This one is slightly over budget at €120 but there's lots of others around the €70 mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

I don't think he'd mind going over budget but he would be worried it wouldn't arrive in time. I was thinking Cloud10 could work as I've gotten deliveries off them within that timeframe before but considering it's Christmas I reckon there might be delays? Thanks for the suggestion either way!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

If you're in Dublin you could try Inglot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

If you're in Dublin you could try Inglot

Cork! :( Was half thinking of going down to Limerick to scope out Inglot anyway... He has said now to just get the MAC brushes so I might end up getting just three or a mini set and one extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

He's a man, he doesn't know what he's talking about ;)

The real techniques give Sigma and mac a good run for their money.

My advice would be full set of real techniques and maybe a naked palette or a nice make up palette from benefit with the leftover budget?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

If he was really stuck, there is a Dior set for sale on debenhams.ie
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123172727699_-1
    Don't know how good the brushes are though, but they promise to have them delivered if you order by midday tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Re Debenhams I'd check before ordering. Reason I say that is I ordered off them last Wed and the order only arrived yesterday about mid day. I'd rung yesterday morning to check what the delay was because normally they are very quick to deliver (1-2 days) and was told that due top the holiday season they were now working off a 5-7 working day delivery and that I;d have them by Friday. Thankfully they did arrive on time yesterday which was 5 working days since I ordered but I'd double check if things ordered today will get to you on time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

I have the real techniques brushes and they are fantastic. . As good as if not better than mac brushes ! Men know nothin when it comes to make up brushes so show him this and it might convince him! For 100 euro you would get a fair amount of the real techniques brushes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

I have the real techniques brushes and they are fantastic. . As good as if not better than mac brushes ! Men know nothin when it comes to make up brushes so show him this and it might convince him! For 100 euro you would get a fair amount of the real techniques brushes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

He's a man, he doesn't know what he's talking about ;)

The real techniques give Sigma and mac a good run for their money.

My advice would be full set of real techniques and maybe a naked palette or a nice make up palette from benefit with the leftover budget?

Hey
    Where can real techniques brushes be purchased? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I've bought mine in Boots and from Cloud10Beauty website depending on which was cheaper at the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

mumtoe&e wrote: »
    Hey
    Where can real techniques brushes be purchased? Thanks

I bought some from Amazon.co.uk

Advertisement