Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sister home for Christmas, need babysitter badly

Options
  • 19-12-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My sister is home for christmas with her 18 month old and 2 month old. As you can imagine it's quite stressful and we need a little help.

We are located in south Dublin, is there a service we can call to get a little extra help as right now I am doing all the extra work, not that I don't love it, but I need a little time to myself.

If anyone can recommend something I would be really grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

What do you need help with? Would you like a babysitter for one or two evenings?? If so, your best bet is asking locally for a recommendation or check your local shop for advertisements. Or post on boards under parenting / area forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Do you want help with cleaning/household things or childcare? If it is the latter I would ask any friends of yours with children to recommend a babysitter that they have used, bearing in mind that this close to Christmas many people will have their own arrangements made or could be booked up in advance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

kjl wrote: »
    ... My sister is home for christmas with her 18 month old and 2 month old. As you can imagine it's quite stressful and we need a little help. ...
    Like other posters I'm puzzled as to what kind of help is needed.

Two adults, two babbies, it couldn't be simpler, or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I'm a bit confused her too - what do you need the help for? They are not your kids and presumably your sister manages fine when she's at her own home? Or is she just dumping the kids on you now? I would say you'd find it very hard trying to find someone this close to Christmas.

Advertisement