Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Japanese Cook Book?

Options
  • 19-12-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

I've had a moment of inspiration and want to buy someone a book on Japanese cooking for Xmas. Preferably one with a bit of everything sushi/sashimi/noodles/rice/hibachi etc.
    I had a look and asked around Easons on O'Connell street but could only find the Wagamamas cook book… anyone know of any shops in Dublin that might have a few?

Edit: not sure if this is the right forum or not… sorry if I'm wrong!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I bought one of those Women's Weekly Cookbook on Japanese cuisine, I can't remember where from exactly but my usual hunt would be Dubray bookstore on Grafton or Easons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The Wagamama cookbook is pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Chapters have a really decent selection of cookbooks, also upstairs in Brown Thomas could be worth a nose. They carry a selection of cookbooks all year and more at Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Chapters have a really decent selection of cookbooks, also upstairs in Brown Thomas could be worth a nose. They carry a selection of cookbooks all year and more at Christmas
    Had a look in chapters today - nothing! Only Wagamamma noodle cook book. Ill try BT, H&F and Dubray tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have you tried asking in the Japan forum? They might know of some Irish places that stock what you're after.

Have you tried asking in the Japan forum? They might know of some Irish places that stock what you're after.
    I was afraid of angering the mod gods by duplicating a thread but maybe ill give it a go…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Had a look in chapters today - nothing! Only Wagamamma noodle cook book. Ill try BT, H&F and Dubray tomorrow.

Arnotts might be worth a look, was passing through today & they have a WH Smith in the basement now, didn't get to flick through the cookbooks but there were quite a few

Got sorted in Hodges and Figgs today. They had a (relatively) very impressive range from Wagamamma and yo!sushi books to encyclopaedias on Japanese food. Picked up some equipment like the special square omelette pan in Muji.
    Thanks for the suggestions!

Advertisement