Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Carlow Town

Options
  • 19-12-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey All,

I'm moving to Carlow in the new year and would love to join a gym....new year, new place, new resolutions!

Any recommendations and prices? I tried googling it but not alot came up in the search,

Thanks All,

PB

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.gyms.ie/carlow/greenbank-health-leisure-centre-gym-194.html seems good

52 a month a year or 42 off-peak iirc, has a swimming pool too

I intend on joining it myself, at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

http://www.gyms.ie/carlow/greenbank-health-leisure-centre-gym-194.html seems good

52 a month a year or 42 off-peak iirc, has a swimming pool too

I intend on joining it myself, at some stage

Is that the only gym in Carlow town?? :)

Thanks!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

its the only one I know half a damn thing about :)

there's another beside the cathedral, quite close to that one but i've no idea about prices or anything except that it has indoor tennis stuff of some sort and 2 squash courts

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

its the only one I know half a damn thing about :)

there's another beside the cathedral, quite close to that one but i've no idea about prices or anything except that it has indoor tennis stuff of some sort and 2 squash courts

Okay, cool! I'll look into it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Escape gym is in Carlow town centre. Based around bodybuilding sort of, but has everything in there you could want from a gym, good atmosphere.

Ful year memberships currently only €200 and normal first time members around €250.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Has anyone used the one in the Talbot hotel? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Depends on what your goals are really. if you want to get into bodybuilding, strongman or fitness competitions Olympia gym on college street would probably be the best or escape gym. If its just for getting a little bit fitter and for health reasons etc then the talbot hotel gym or greenbank would be good.

Advertisement