Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dish for scrambled eggs

Options
  • 19-12-2012 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

can any advise me on the best type of dish/bowl to use for making scrambled eggs in the microwave, specifically to make it easy to clean.
    I'd been using standard cereal bowls before, but they are a nightmare to clean afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Sorry this is one thing I would find handier to do on a hob as you need to keep moving it to keep it light and fluffy. Maybe line your bowl with a bit of butter ? might help?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I use a plastic microwave bowl. I've used a ceramic bowl too. Never have any issue with either.
    If the eggs are sticking at the edges, then maybe the power is too high and its overcooking there. Or maybe you aren't stopping and mixing often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How can you scramble eggs in a microwave? The point of scrambled eggs is that they are constantly stirred throughout cooking.

Either way, a little lick of cream and/or butter on the bowl should help prevent sticking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

dudara wrote: »
    How can you scramble eggs in a microwave? The point of scrambled eggs is that they are constantly stirred throughout cooking.

You've to stop the microwave and take them out to stir them every 30 seconds or so. It's definitely one of those things that actually takes longer to do in the microwave than by the conventional method.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Honey-ec wrote: »
    You've to stop the microwave and take them out to stir them every 30 seconds or so. It's definitely one of those things that actually takes longer to do in the microwave than by the conventional method.
    I agree, plus the results aren't anywhere near as good either. The only possible reason for microwaving scrambled eggs is if you don't actually possess a hob IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement