Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old sails wanted

Options
  • 19-12-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Old sails wanted
    Hi,I have already posted this in the sailing section,

Its a long shot but here goes, i am looking for old sails (or triangular taurpaulin) to form a canopy over an outdoor home party for my daughters 21st in January.Its a beach themed kinda thing, A marquee would be too easy!
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

karmaan wrote: »
    Old sails wanted

Its a long shot but here goes, i am looking for old sails (or triangular taurpaulin) to form a canopy over an outdoor home party for my daughters 21st in January.Its a beach themed kinda thing, A marquee would be too easy!
    T

How about the fabric from an awning? Might have a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

sounds good, i will be down to you after the holidays
    thanks t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

karmaan wrote: »
    Old sails wanted

T

You can get them on ebay ready made with eyelets, get it delivered via parcel motel, Probably worth getting an installation kit too, I got a kit with ours - 4 stainless eyes, caribiners and two stainless turn buckles for less than the cost of a galvanised turnbuckle in the hardware places here.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=shade%20sail%20waterproof&_sop=15&_clu=2&_fcid=3&_localstpos&_stpos&gbr=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

paddyp wrote: »
    get it delivered via parcel motel,

Sorry to hijack your thread OP, I have heard of parcel hotel but how does it work?

dickwod1 wrote: »

Sorry to hijack your thread OP, I have heard of parcel hotel but how does it work?
    You get the parcel delivered to your uk address - the nighline depot in newtownabbey. Nightline then redeliver to your chosen parcel motel for 3.50. Fantastic forsmall heavy stuff like car parts or for suppliers that offer free uk shipping or those that don't sell here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I've had trouble lately with UK delivery only items. The only problem, I see from reading your post, paddyp, is the fact that I don't have a UK address.:confused:

If I can get round this problem it sounds good.

I've had trouble lately with UK delivery only items. The only problem, I see from reading your post, paddyp, is the fact that I don't have a UK address.:confused:

If I can get round this problem it sounds good.
    Your uk address is the nightline depot in newtownabbey with you id number tacked on .
    https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/

Advertisement