Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what mobile for 37 year old male

Options
  • 19-12-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

want to buy a smart phone for my hubby, he 37, have gone in to Vodafone and I can't decide ... I would be so grateful of some suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Button09

anything between €100 and €200, even abit more

Alright then the best choices would be a Huawei Ascend G300 or a Nokia Lumia 800. The first one is an Android phone and the second one runs Windows Phone 7.5(Upgradable to 7.8 in Q1 of next year). Both are great phones and it's down to personal preference really.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thread moved from Christmas. This forum might be more help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What phone does he currently have?
    Has he expressed any interest in a certain model?

That said, the new Nokia phones are nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Button09

he has a basic Vodafone smart at the moment, he hasn't mentioned any phones, the one he has now he plays games on it and sometimes listens to music..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Sony Android Phones are deadly.

I work for a company where everyone is issued one and nobody complains about them that I talk to.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/strong-Sony-strongXperia-U-Black/238566/1_3

I've had the Sony Xperia X8, Mini Pro and Xperia S and not one issue with any of them.

13MP camera on Xperia T which you can get on Vodafone for 200 I think.
    http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-t/specifications/

thebman wrote: »
    13MP camera on Xperia T which you can get on Vodafone for 200 I think.
    http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-t/specifications/

The Xperia T is Sony's top range smartphone and costs 449 euro in Vodafone. The only good enough Sony phone in the budget would be Xperia J, however it has its issues (noticable lag, crap image quality and feeble loudspeaker according to gsmarena).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

The Xperia T is Sony's top range smartphone and costs 449 euro in Vodafone. The only good enough Sony phone in the budget would be Xperia J, however it has its issues (noticable lag, crap image quality and feeble loudspeaker according to gsmarena).

In fairness it's far better than the standard Vodafone smart phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

FGR wrote: »
    In fairness it's far better than the standard Vodafone smart phone.
    But not really all that great compared to the Huawei G330 for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've gone from a sony xperia play to a Nokia Lumia 800....... No comparison OP get the highest rated sony phone with in budget, regardless of what he has at the moment, windows phone pales in comparison to an android phone in terms of control, features, apps .... everything really.

I'll qualify it with a minor niggle I have with the windows phone (there are whoppers also), you cant set it on silent without manually going to settings and switching off vibrate, on android not only can you do that by tapping a widget on the home screen but you can tell it how long you want it to be silent for, like I say minor niggle but boy to you miss stuff like that when its gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

calex71 wrote: »
    I've gone from a sony xperia play to a Nokia Lumia 800....... No comparison OP get the highest rated sony phone with in budget, regardless of what he has at the moment, windows phone pales in comparison to an android phone in terms of control, features, apps .... everything really.

I'll qualify it with a minor niggle I have with the windows phone (there are whoppers also), you cant set it on silent without manually going to settings and switching off vibrate, on android not only can you do that by tapping a widget on the home screen but you can tell it how long you want it to be silent for, like I say minor niggle but boy to you miss stuff like that when its gone.
    you can press the volume button and go on silent from there on the Lumia 800

Advertisement