Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gwtting my ass kicked in Fight Night Champion need help!!!

• 19-12-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I'm playing fight night champion online but can't win any fights.... this is what i have noticed...

In my last fight my stamina was fine 92% and my damage was at 20% after round 1, anyway's got knocked out in the 4th round....

When I went back to my corner after the second round my damage had jumped from 20% to 85% but at the end of the fight I noticed I had won that second round and felt I did well in the round (didn't notice him doing anything different from first round..)

Question is what did the other fighter do to cause my damage to jump so high?

When I looked at the fight total's he hadn't thrown any power punches and I had landed more in every sector than him so just don't understand how he was able to cause me so much damage during fight....

Any insight would be grateful thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Do some option select haymakers

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

bush wrote: »
    Do some option select haymakers

What are they?!!!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

To be honest I don't think your going find much help around these parts, the majority of people around here don't play boxing or wrestling games.

Try the game forum, they might be able to help better.

Azza wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think your going find much help around these parts, the majority of people around here don't play boxing or wrestling games.

Try the game forum, they might be able to help better.

Can you move thread for me please?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Moved from fighting games... while technically this is a fighting game, the OP would probably more likely find a good answer here I think, fighting games is more a hadoken and fatality kinda place.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

otto_26 wrote: »
    I'm playing fight night champion online but can't win any fights.... this is what i have noticed...

In my last fight my stamina was fine 92% and my damage was at 20% after round 1, anyway's got knocked out in the 4th round....

When I went back to my corner after the second round my damage had jumped from 20% to 85% but at the end of the fight I noticed I had won that second round and felt I did well in the round (didn't notice him doing anything different from first round..)

Question is what did the other fighter do to cause my damage to jump so high?

When I looked at the fight total's he hadn't thrown any power punches and I had landed more in every sector than him so just don't understand how he was able to cause me so much damage during fight....

Any insight would be grateful thanks!

ok basicly

your doing one of these 2 things wrong

your going in swinging all over the place, everytime you throw a punch it takes alot out of ya, or your doing to many haymackers or special attacks , that completely decreases your stamina

heres what ya do, basicly get into a routine , of hitting 3-6 punchs (unless you have them in a corner , if ya do batter them :D ) after hitting the 3-6 punchs step back and move around block so you get stamina back up and it wont decrease as much ,
    if it starts getting into the late rounds , or if you think heres nearly gonna get KO'd then give him the haymakers and keep swinging and blocking only step back for stamina

ya should win everything then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

What type of fighter are you?
    One that picks guys off at range or one that gets close up?
    Ya pretty much have to fight to a fighters strenghts
    Also if you're playing with a created fighter don't fight any1 whos' overall rating is 2 or more points higher than you.
    There actually is a huge difference

saiint wrote: »
    ok basicly

your doing one of these 2 things wrong

your going in swinging all over the place, everytime you throw a punch it takes alot out of ya, or your doing to many haymackers or special attacks , that completely decreases your stamina

heres what ya do, basicly get into a routine , of hitting 3-6 punchs (unless you have them in a corner , if ya do batter them :D ) after hitting the 3-6 punchs step back and move around block so you get stamina back up and it wont decrease as much ,
    if it starts getting into the late rounds , or if you think heres nearly gonna get KO'd then give him the haymakers and keep swinging and blocking only step back for stamina

ya should win everything then

Hey thanks for feedback, I am one of those crappy annoying counter punchers!!! so my stamina is never an issue...

In most of the fights I lose in the other guy just charges at me puts me up on the ropes and beats the s*** out of me!! I block and try to move away and when I can't I try to counter the minute I try to counter I get knocked out!!

What I can't do is get away from them on the ropes and also how come they never get hurt from my counter punches that do land? They must run out of stamina just throwing punches after punches.....

Thinking of not playing anymore it's a really great game but just too many people just jabbing their way to victory over me can't seem to beat them....Even tried simply jabbing back for entire 12 rounds but they seem to have it to a tea!!!!

Don't understand why guys at EA don't change scoring system so jabs get you f*** all on the score cards so people might realise then that they need to fight to win....

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    What type of fighter are you?
    One that picks guys off at range or one that gets close up?
    Ya pretty much have to fight to a fighters strenghts
    Also if you're playing with a created fighter don't fight any1 whos' overall rating is 2 or more points higher than you.
    There actually is a huge difference

I kinda just pick different fighters every fight...

Don't have a created fighter...Is that a fighter from legacy mode you can use online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

its a ridiculous game online, not fun at all. most people just spam the punch they have maxed out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement