Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help- replaced 3GS screen but now have problem

• 20-12-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

The missus dropped her 3GS and cracked the screen.
    The phone was still working after it fell.

The phone was in a bit of a bad way as the power button and volume buttons Havnt worked in ages, so I can't do a hard reset.

iTunes recognises it and I did a full restore but problem still here.

I bought a digitiser screen and replaced it but now I'm left
    With this . It's all white with blotches.
    I took it off again and checked the 1,2 and 3 numbered cables and
    All seem good.
    Would it now be the LCD screen itself damaged?
    Not sure if its worth getting it fixed now.
    Here's a pic
    D2B1DCFF-55F3-4643-B74B-B48E452375A0-8971-00000C8CBC1D9092.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

Erm, the LCD screen itself is smashed. Puzzled tho, as I would have thought you would notice it being broken when you swapped out the digitizer and glass.

No offense, or anything.

Probably not worth repairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dazzler454

Unfortunately what you've got there looks like some sort of salt water intrusion. I may be wrong with this but usually these blotches indicate salt invasion into the LCDs nodes causing them to leak forming these white blotches. This may not be t case for yours though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Erm, the LCD screen itself is smashed. Puzzled tho, as I would have thought you would notice it being broken when you swapped out the digitizer and glass.

No offense, or anything.

Probably not worth repairing.

Erm, It's not smashed. The are blotches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

iggy wrote: »

The LCD is cracked!

It's rare than LCD screens will smash like glass. Normally they crack on the inside. The crack is usually visible even when the screen is off.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    It's rare than LCD screens will smash like glass. Normally they crack on the inside. The crack is usually visible even when the screen is off.

internal salt damage causing destruction of the nodes is another possibility no?

dazzler454 wrote: »
    internal salt damage causing destruction of the nodes is another possibility no?

I can't say yes or no as I've never seen it before. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

as CathalDublin said lcd is screw,d and trust me he know's his s**t

massy086 wrote: »
    as CathalDublin said lcd is screw,d and trust me he know's his s**t
    Please refrain from swearing in innocent and non abusive threads such as these. All of us here are just trying to help. Please don't swear if possible. It may cause wanted scuffles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Please refrain from swearing in innocent and non abusive threads such as these. All of us here are just trying to help. Please don't swear if possible. It may cause wanted scuffles
    Oh will ya stop. It's not as if Massy was swearing at anyone it was just a figure of speech and when were you appointed as a mod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

The LCD is cracked!

Cheers Cathal, I'm gonna pick up an LCD today
    and hopefully that will fix it.

guil wrote: »
    Oh will ya stop. It's not as if Massy was swearing at anyone it was just a figure of speech and when were you appointed as a mod?

don't be so brash with me. Figure of speech or not swearing on threads such as this is unnacceptable. As for you're meaningless attempt to provoke me into descending into a petty, insubstantial arguement over swearing, I feel it is needless and unprovoked

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

don't be so brash with me. Figure of speech or not swearing on threads such as this is unnacceptable. As for you're meaningless attempt to provoke me into descending into a petty, insubstantial arguement over swearing, I feel it is needless and unprovoked

bahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

get a life and stop trolling please and thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

iggy wrote: »

I said "no offence" therefore envoking the "Its not Sarcasim" clause! :-)

Advertisement