Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert region one to region two format DVD

• 20-12-2012 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

My dad got an American DVD on amazon that he really wants to see. (It wasn't available outside of the US.) Is there a service in Limerick where he could get a copy reformatted? We don't have a multi-region DVD player.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Is it possible to get the codes relevant to your dvd player to make it open region?
    What model is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Thanks irishproduce,

My own one is an ancient Sony, model DVP-NS330. Must be ten years old and I've lost the remote. :P

Will check the model of my Dad's DVD player tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Try a search on google using your dad player details . It is possible depending on the make model to change region from 2 to multiregion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Google is your friend, I'm pretty certain that you will find how to make it multiregion very easily. Had a load of codes for a range of different models myself , but all gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Exactly what they said, you can unlock it like most other things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

boomerang wrote: »
    My dad got an American DVD on amazon that he really wants to see. (It wasn't available outside of the US.) Is there a service in Limerick where he could get a copy reformatted? We don't have a multi-region DVD player.

Thanks!

Easily done on a pc/laptop. (watch the dvd that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

You can get a cheapass dvd player with a mickey mouse name, most of them don't bother with region coding, its only the big names that bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

DVD Shrink rips DVDs and as part of the process it will make a DVD image region free so you can burn it onto a blank DVD.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/much_en.php

http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Most PC DVD drives will be region free for the first few plays (5 I think), either hook up a PC to a TV to let him watch it through that or follow Super_Sonic's instructions above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

My stance is if you've bought it, you earned the right to download a backup copy yourself ! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Stuxnet wrote: »
    My stance is if you've bought it, you earned the right to download a backup copy yourself ! :cool:

Let's not be going that road on here please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Clareman wrote: »
    Most PC DVD drives will be region free for the first few plays (5 I think), either hook up a PC to a TV to let him watch it through that or follow Super_Sonic's instructions above

You can change the region of a PC DVD drive up to five times (might be four) but after that it locks permanently to the last region you selected. It's not a free five-time anywhere deal and if your last change was to a non-region2 area, you may no longer be able to watch the DVDs sold here. There are ways around it, of course, but I'd put this at the bottom of the options list - any of the other ways around the problem lead to fewer tears.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Try this.
    Read this link, may work for your model also...

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks.php...Sony+DVP-NS300

Region code hack posted by Ross, November 16 2003:

You might also like to try this method, which worked for my NS-300, if you have a One4all remote control. This is quoted from http://www.regionfreedvd.net/player/sony.html

--

I used oneforall kameleon remote to make my ns705 region free. just follow these steps:

prepare:
    1. select dvd device on remote
    2. hold magic button until rabbit comes out
    3. enter device code 0533

program buttons 1..5 with the following codes:
    1 - 189
    2 - 255
    3 - 095
    4 - 221
    5 - 079

1. hold magic button until rabbit comes out
    2. press 994
    3. press magic
    4. enter 3digit code from above
    5. press button (1..5) where to program it
    6. repeat steps 1 to 5 for all keys.

have it a go:
    1. remove disk, put player on standby
    2. press 1,2,3,4,5 - success is displayed and plyer starts up
    3. press 1,2,3,4,5 - player shuts down and BINGO!

should work for most of the dvp-ns### players"

--

I used a different One4all and it worked fine on the first attempt. The LED flashes twice on other One4all remotes instead of the rabbt appearing. Hope this helps.

Ross

Advertisement