Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleCon April 5th-7th 2013

• 20-12-2012 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

WrestleCon being held:

APRIL 5-7, 2013
    MEADOWLANDS EXPO CENTER
    355 PLAZA DR. - SECAUCUS, NJ

Meet the Superstars of Wrestling for Autographs, Photo Ops & More! Plus LIVE wresting events from Dragon Gate USA, EVOLVE, CZW, CHIKARA, SHIMMER, $5 Wrestling & More!

Anybody going to WrestleCon??

They just announced that the platinum headline guest will be the Ultimate Warrior and there will only be 200 tickets available to meet him on April 7th.

Other Guests announced:

Bret Hart
    Former WWF Superstar..ONE MAN GANG/aka AKEEM
    Former WWF/NWA Superstar..THE GOON/Bill Irwin
    Former WWF/WCW Superstar..BARRY HOROWITZ
    Former WWF/ECW Superstar..JAZZ
    Former WWF Superstar & Hall of Famer..NIKOLAI VOLKOFF
    Former WWE Superstar..SNITSKY
    Former WWE/TNA Superstar BRIAN LEE/aka CHAINZ/aka FAKE UNDERTAKER
    Former WWE/WCW/ECW/TNA Superstar..WOLFIE D/aka SLASH
    Former WWF Superstar.. MARTY JANNETTY
    Former WWF/NWA Superstar..THE WARLORD
    Former WWE Diva..THE KAT/MISS KITTY
    Former ECW/WWE/WCW Superstar..THE SANDMAN
    Former WWF Superstar..GEORGE “The Animal” STEELE
    Former WWF/WCW Superstar..”PRETTY” PAUL ROMA
    “THE TOTAL PACKAGE” LEX LUGER
    THE HONKY TONK MAN
    “COWBOY” BOB ORTON
    “MR. WONDERFUL” PAUL ORNDORFF
    KEN PATERA
    KAMALA (health permitting)
    MR. FUJI
    TITO SANTANA
    DEMOLITION AX
    DEMOLITION SMASH
    SLICK
    “MR. USA” TONY ATLAS
    JIMMY “SUPERFLY” SNUKA
    DANGEROUS DANNY DAVIS
    Tommy dreamer
    Bruno Sammartino

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

More notable names have been added to WrestleCon

- Jushin Liger
    - Jake Roberts
    - DDP
    - Doink
    - The Hurricane
    - Mighty Molly
    - Boogeyman
    - Kelly Kelly
    - Maria
    - Sunny
    - Mean Street Posse
    - Shockmaster
    - Brutus Beefcake
    - Greg Valentine
    - Ashley Massaro
    - Eugene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'd say Snake will be good this year, seeing as he's cleaned up his act!

I'd say Snake will be good this year, seeing as he's cleaned up his act!

I met him last year at wrestlereunion and he was in good form but looked old and tired. Looks like DDP is doing some good work with him though.

Kevin Nash, Lita, Rob Van Dam, Beth Phoenix all added to WrestleCon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Hogan just added pricey enough though

http://www.legendsofthering.com/HULKHOGAN.html

• Advertisement

Yahoooooo for HOGAN!!!!

It's a proper Meet & Greet so if you love Hogan it be worth it considering your there for a wrestling trip!!

It really is getting better and better. Can't wait.

ciano316 wrote: »
    Yahoooooo for HOGAN!!!!

It's a proper Meet & Greet so if you love Hogan it be worth it considering your there for a wrestling trip!!

It really is getting better and better. Can't wait.

If I could have gotten a photo with him at TNA a few weeks ago £30 would have been a bargain

EdK wrote: »
    If I could have gotten a photo with him at TNA a few weeks ago £30 would have been a bargain

£30 Where??

£30 Where??

The price of the TNA fan interaction

The price of the TNA fan interaction

Ah right, I met Hogan at the fan interaction in Manchester. That's not a meet and greet. Getting shouted at for trying to take photos is ridiculous. This will be proper. 5-10 into a room and then you spend you few mins with Hogan and get your autographs and stuff. I'm defo in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Whole Show

Got my Hogan tickets yesterday, anyone else going.

Think this year ill be spending most of my time at The Con rather than Axxess.

Gonna take my Enclopedia to get signed, will look pretty good with Hogan, Warrior, HBK and Bret in.

Whole Show wrote: »
    Got my Hogan tickets yesterday, anyone else going.

Think this year ill be spending most of my time at The Con rather than Axxess.

Gonna take my Enclopedia to get signed, will look pretty good with Hogan, Warrior, HBK and Bret in.

I have my Hogan, Warrior & Bret tickets for WrestleCon. Ill be doing 2 Axxess and both days of Con. Doing VIP Axxess at 8am on the Sunday and then taxi to Con for Warior. Loads of others I want to meet at it as well.

Opted in on Hogan in the end going out with a bang after six consecutive Wrestlemania's I don't think i'll be going again for a while spent the last year getting my health in order next part of that is going back to college and getting my **** together,It's so hard to stop going though with these quality events nearly every day

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Whole Show

Same with me Ed, I always said id stop at 30 but I reckon this is the last one for me for a few years, but the price of these holidays goes up and up every year. This year has been insanley exspensive.

Went to 25, Looking back this was losse change to what ive paid lately ha ha.

Saved up two years to go to 27, Was not gonna go last year but had some unexpected cash so that paid for that and Ive always wanted to go to NYC so I could not go this year.

However The package prices were scandalous this year(im sure they will rise again this year), You get less stuff than ever, Im not patient enough to go through every event through TM, so I always do the package. The whole VIP axxess mess really put a downer on me this year, An absolute joke.

Im pretty much skipping axxess this year to do the con, the list of guys at the convention is amazing.

BTW Kurt Angle has just been added.

WrestleCon is looking like it will be 100 times better than Axxess! Some unreal guests! Need something good for Warrior, Hogan, Bret & Angle to sign. Met Nash & HBK last year and bought the Winged Eagle belt before going up to HBK so had both of them sign it but don't feel like carrying it all the way back over.

Bobby Heenan added and while he's a legend I don't think I could meet him as it would be to upsetting IMO

Bobby Heenan added and while he's a legend I don't think I could meet him as it would be to upsetting IMO

Still gonna meet him just to say I did. The man is a legend!

Kurt Angle will be only signing from 10-2 on the Sunday now due to TNA commitments on the Saturday.

The WWE have given William Regal to replace Bruno Sammartino at WrestleCon.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ClassicsGuy

I was lucky enough to meet him last year in Miami and had my photo taken with him. I understand your fears, but he's a great guy to meet.

His wife is always with him. He can't talk at all, but he can understand your words. His wife can kind of understand him or at least understand his needs.

I had my photo taken with him round the other side of the table he was sat at, so I was very close to him. I said to him how I was from England and how much I enjoyed his work growing up and how he was a legend etc. He grasped my hand, and shook it very firmly and was really grateful for the compliment. I was so glad I met him. It really was one of the highlights of my trip to Wrestlemania last year.:)

The WWE have given William Regal to replace Bruno Sammartino at WrestleCon.

No offense to Regal but that isn't exactly like for like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

Gutted i wouldnt of minded sein him at axxess.. Il only go to wrestlecon if Jeff Hardy gets added :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Looking forward to this now. Not sure if I should go to a DGUSA show. I'm heading to CZW (Cage of Death main event!!) and Chikara already. I have PWS on the Thursday too which looks great!

No offense to Regal but that isn't exactly like for like

Ah defo not like for like but still a draw considering the fan base at WrestleCon. Also good of the WWE to help out the WrestleReunion people.

More names added:

Mickie James
    John Morrison
    Sabu
    Bill Alfonso
    Rocky Johnson
    Superstar Billy Graham
    Samu
    Nunzio aka Lil Guido
    Balls Mahoney
    Justin Credible
    Homicide
    Thrasher
    The Berzerker

Scott Steiner added. That should be interesting. :)

Ric Flair added to the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ClassicsGuy

Ric Flair now claiming on his Facebook that he ISN'T coming to Wrestlecon:
    "Heard I'm being advertised to appear at WrestleCon on Sun., April 7th. I haven't talked to those guys about this event and neither have my managers. Sorry kids but I will NOT be attending. If something changes, I'll let you all know. I WILL however by signing autographs in Manhattan with Big Time Wrestling onFrieday, April 5th. I'll post all the details shortly."

WrestleReunion founder Sal Corrente said
    If you want to know the full details of this Ric Flair debacle the version on PWINSIDER is ACCURATE. This version was also confirmed by the lady who made the arrangements on behalf of Ric Flair at his request, that lady is Wendy "Fifi" Barlow. I am a credible person with a reputation for paying everyone. My company rarely gives out deposits. A deposit when given to a performer is supposed to be held basically in Escrow until the job is complete. I can assure you 90% or MORE of all wrestlers who ask for a deposit and get it spend it like it was already earned. I was in no way shape or form willing to take that risk with Ric Flair. The other thing that I don't believe in is CHANGING THE DEAL and that's what was attempting to be done. I can tell you that Ric Flair lost $15,000.00 he would have made that was guaranteed and another potential $5,000.00 in additional signings that were lined up for him that same day. This was WrestleReunions one and only chance to work with Ric Flair like anyone else who has disappointed my customers they will not be welcome working for me or my company again. There are various rumours (that I can't confirm) that other individuals influenced Ric Flair in the decisions that he made relating to this appearance. If they did I hope that all are planning to chip in and give him $20,000.00. What I can confirm is no representative of Ric Flairs ever attempted to contact me about this appearance at any time. It is sad that anyone would even try to imply that Wendy Barlow a very credible lady lied in booking this appearance. We believed in her credibility that's why we went forward with a high risk appearance.

Thank you
    Sal Corrente
    WrestleReunion Founder

Advertisement