Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Lad moving to Dublin :-D

Options
  • 20-12-2012 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hey

Im a 22yr old lad from Kerry, I am starting a new job soon in Dublin..

I hope to move up the middle/end of Jan..

Im looking for a room for about 350-500 a month.. Ill be working around mespil road so any advice on areas?

Im 22 so I enjoy going out so I wanna close to the city centre aswell..

Ive tried a few popular websites.but doesnt seem to be much on them..

Oh and id like to get somwhere gay friendly!

Any advice :-)

Tommy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

What about this? Near the Dart (about 10 minutes), so handy for Ballsbridge, also the 130 stops about 1 minute away, as well as the Nitelink at weekends. http://www.daft.ie/3702183

I know its only short term, but may be for longer after that. Just an idea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

somewhere around ranelagh would be ideal for u, its close to mespil road and has its own luas stop.

you have 2 gay bars (that i know of) within walking distance of each other on south great georges street called the george and the dragon

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

Fair play, I'm a Kerry man in Dublin myself. If you're working on mespil road then Rathmines or Ranelagh (dublin 6) would be the obvious places to live. expect to pay 500 as a baseline. Things shoot past that as you get into dublin 2 or dublin 4. There are some nice areas around D8 as well, portobello is pretty nice and cheap and great access to camden street etc.

I don't think there's much Gay-nightlife in the boonies, most of it that I know of are based around george street + templebar, and perhaps some over in Stoneybatter etc. Loads of clubs have Gay-Nights at least and there is a pretty good underground rave scene if you're into that.

Unfortunately daft is really the best place to find rented accom, there's just a lot of demand lately. Just need to be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

OP, do you mean that you want to live in a gay friendly area or in a gay friendly house? There is a LGBT community/resource center in town in the Capel St area. I think its called Outhouse or Outreach or something like that. I don't know for sure, but they may have a facility or information service to connect gay tenants with gay friendly landlords and/or room mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

ProudDUB wrote: »
    OP, do you mean that you want to live in a gay friendly area or in a gay friendly house? There is a LGBT community/resource center in town in the Capel St area. I think its called Outhouse or Outreach or something like that. I don't know for sure, but they may have a facility or information service to connect gay tenants with gay friendly landlords and/or room mates.

I just ment a gay friendly apartment :D Thanks ill check them out :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement