Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Tickets

Options
  • 20-12-2012 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I was looking to get tickets for a sold out gig. Looking at the images for the ticketmaster tickets they mostly have the blue background with the yellow strip down the side. There are a couple of them floating around that are white with a yellow/black/orange logo in the top right corner.Both have the hologram. My question is has anyone had the second ones or know if they are legit? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

SirIrish wrote: »
    I was looking to get tickets for a sold out gig. Looking at the images for the ticketmaster tickets they mostly have the blue background with the yellow strip down the side. There are a couple of them floating around that are white with a yellow/black/orange logo in the top right corner.Both have the hologram. My question is has anyone had the second ones or know if they are legit? Thanks.

I have been to a few gigs in the last month for which the (Ticketmaster) tickets are mainly white with a purple/yellow/black/red/grey odd shape in the top right hand corner.

It sounds like the ticket you described, except mine had a white background.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i have tickets to both Dropkick Murphy's gigs at Vicar Street in January.

The first night the tickets are the normal light blue, the second night they are white

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭SirIrish

Skid wrote: »
    I have been to a few gigs in the last month for which the (Ticketmaster) tickets are mainly white with a purple/yellow/black/red/grey odd shape in the top right hand corner.

It sounds like the ticket you described, except mine had a white background.

Thanks that sounds good. Guess I'll take the chance :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

All my tickets for gigs next year are the white background . Ticketmaster obviously just wanted to redesign the tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭SirIrish

Thanks guys didn't expect replies this time of the day.

Merry Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This does not confirm that they are legit, i.e. that you will get in.

Scammers can buy tickets, sell them on, claim they never got them or were stolen and get them reissued. Then the sell the first ones. When the buyer goes to the venue they are scanned and the barcode detects they are reported lost/stolen. It doesn't matter who arrives first, they are not identical reissues.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

don't use touts. If they rip you off, you're a fool for using them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement