Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Spalted Beech Logs ,worth anything?

Options
  • 20-12-2012 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi, i have come across 2 large spalted beech logs in my firewood pile which i'm cutting and spliting away at. they are 30 inches in diameter and one is 30inches long, the other about 39 inches long. 2 big cylindrical lumps really. i'd like to see if they are worth anything to a wood turner, sculptor or artist before i cut them up. it seems a shame to burn them . any ideas anyone ? i could put them on adverts.ie if i knew they are worth more than firewood. Regards, D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Where abouts are you located? I was looking out for some pieces for hollow forms and bowls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Diarmuid46A

Hi,thanks for looking in, the logs are located in the Kilcock / maynooth area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Diarmuid46A

my local saw mill said they were worth about 200euro, so i put them on Done Deal,in the Hobbies section, for 160euro ,delivered, and they sold straight away for 150euro delivered. ok , i hope this helps someone in the future. D.

Advertisement