Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

closing accounts: not in the country

Options
  • 20-12-2012 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭

hi,

I'm out of the country permanently and with the increase in credit card charges and the fact that I've been told I'm being switched to a fee paying current account I no longer have any need for either of these.

can I arrange with you guys to get them closed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Cookie Monster,

We're sorry to hear you have decided to close your accounts with us.

You can request to close your credit card by contacting Credit Card Services on 00353 (0)56 775 7747. A written request to your account holding branch will be needed to close your current account. If there is a balance left in your account, please advise the branch what to do with the funds. These can be issued to you by draft or transferred to another account. You can find contact details for your branch here.

If you have any further queries or ever need help with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement