Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Poker Question

Options
  • 20-12-2012 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This question relates to a live cash game/live tournament.

After the river card I have two pair and I make a bet. I am called by the player on the button who was the pre-flop raiser. I turn over my two pair and he says that I win and then folds his cards without showing what he had. Am I allowed to ask the dealer to reveal what cards he called with i.e. for the purposes of seeing what kind of hand he had raised with pre-flop?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

He can muck AFAIK he called you & you showed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Hi,

After the river card I have two pair and I make a bet. I am called by the player on the button who was the pre-flop raiser. I turn over my two pair and he says that I win and then folds his cards without showing what he had. Am I allowed to ask the dealer to reveal what cards he called with i.e. for the purposes of seeing what kind of hand he had raised with pre-flop?

Thanks.

Usually yes, if they have not yet hit the muck. You are entitled to see any players hand at showdown in order to prevent collusion.

However, you should certainly be sure of collusion before doing so, insisting on seeing the hand is considered poor sportsmanship.

• Site Banned Posts: 56 ✭✭TheGolfer01

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    In both cases you are entilted to ask to see his cards, but it is considered very poor etiquette.

Advertisement