Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agents - Withdrawal Fee

Options
  • 20-12-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I had my house on sale with estate agent paid them 300 up front this i was told included advertising on local paper and daft. Finally and luckily i sold my house privately I Informed the agents that it was sold and to take it off the market. they had no problem wished be best of luck etc., This was last May, then yesterday I got a bill for 250 euro withdrawal fee.:mad: I never knew about this cost and the fact that they charged me for advertising. in total the bill was over 700 euros less the 300 deposit i paid. they included vat etc., any views.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This should all have been detailed in the contract you signed with the agent.

None of the charges are uncommon, and its the state that charges VAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

It still probably works out a lot cheaper than paying the commission of the sale price to the EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Check if the contract mentions any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They would, presumably, have done some work, so some fee would be appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Are you not getting out very lightly here? I thought that the EA is within his rights to pursue you for the full commission! Be careful what you ask for here. Pay the measly €250 and consider yourself lucky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Are you not getting out very lightly here? I thought that the EA is within his rights to pursue you for the full commission! Be careful what you ask for here. Pay the measly €250 and consider yourself lucky!

Sounds like an estate agent talking.

Go back through the contract carefully & see what it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Sounds like an estate agent talking.
    No - No EA.....just a realist. IF the OP really sold his property privately, then I would feel a bit agrieved as he no doubt will do. However, normally the EA has this eventuality covered within the contract.

It doesn't sound equitable - but nor does a situation whereby a client might 'source' a buyer as a result of the sales/marketing effort of the EA. As regards me sounding pro-EA, personally I don't think there should be any roll for an EA for run of the mill housing stock (eg. property valued at <€200K)....but then that would be a discussion for another day.
    Go back through the contract carefully & see what it says.
    Of course - goes without saying.

Advertisement