Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remote Control Car

• 20-12-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Any ideas or suggestions on a remote control car for my Nephew, They are brothers and I would like to get them one each but at no more than say €50? I used to love them as a kid but no idea about whats hot/not anymore so advice on whats good on the market appreicated :)

Thanks

Cullen82

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

How old are they then.. I know my sister got one of those ones that when it flips over it will go on both sides but I cant see them on line in Smyths. They were quite good the lads enjoyed them

AH there are these Laser Stunt cars aswell they are cool... You can get the cars seperate (hasbro make them) do not whatever you do buy any of the sets for them as they are ****e you can just make up sets but the cars are cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

TK Maxx in Carrickmines had loads in yesterday at about e20 each as I recall.

I must admit I was kinda tempted meself. Ah, childhood. They say the first 40 years are the hardest....

I got himself a hoover craft about a year ago and he still loves it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Make sure the controllers are not the same MHz, I remember when I was younger myself and my friend got RC cars for Christmas and couldn't drive them at the same time because of interference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Smyths / Harvey Norman - just what ever you do don't forget to get the batteries too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Cullen82 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Any ideas or suggestions on a remote control car for my Nephew, They are brothers and I would like to get them one each but at no more than say €50? I used to love them as a kid but no idea about whats hot/not anymore so advice on whats good on the market appreicated :)

Thanks

Cullen82

ARGOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mfwic_47

Anyone, I bought a Traxxas remote control car for my son and it's a heckuva more complicated than I'd care to have. The NIMH batteries held one charge then caput. when battery is installed it lights up as if ready then punks out. I've programmed the remote but to no avail. Any place in country where I can get a replacement battery for Traxxas without paying them €110+

Advertisement