Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One month ban in LGBT.

Options
  • 20-12-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

I would like for someone please to look into this for me. a couple of days ago i replied to a thread in LGBT commenting on a post about a lad setting up a meet for young gay male students (Finally....Student Meet-up). He got grief from the mod and others about it not being inclusive. Others commented on it and their posts were not deleted but mine was. I was in support of the lad being proactive even though I did not meet the criteria.
    When I asked why my thread was deleted I got no answer but the lad who started it posted that he saw my response and thanked me. I answered back this:
    So who deleted my post? Or do I even need to ask? It was a good one and must have cut too close to the bone! Didn't say anything wrong. Just agreeing with what others said about the stupidity and pathetic remarks about the inclusive comments!

Well done solder boy on organising the meet and being proactive.

His whole thread was derailed earlier on and I felt it was unfair. After that comment I got banned for one month:
    You have been banned
    Dear apache,

You have been banned from Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender for one month for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

mango salsa

Moderator Note

Trolling

Your post: Quote:
    Originally Posted by apache viewpost.gif
    Cool. Well as long as you saw it thats the main thing.

I don't understand how this was trolling. The mod obviously has a personal issue with me and I feel unwelcome to post there anymore - indeed I have rarely posted there in some time. Everytime I do I get warned or banned by him and I am getting fed up of it by now. I was used to be on another site but left because of him and he was posting links to what I wrote here on that site which is disgraceful behaviour of a mod. I pmed him and told him to stop and he did but it seems to be starting again with comments there also.

Could someone please find my original post that was deleted and explain to me why and indeed why I was banned for a month while others who said the same were not.

Thank you for taking the time for once and for all to get an answer to this behaviour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi apache,

have you PM'd the mod in question to discuss? That's the official first step in the DRP process.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Unfortunately Scofflaw I haven't because of the personal gripe. I have to do this for the first step? It will just be a very basic why pm then. I don't ever question him anymore.
    Do I have to do this?

Edit - Ok I have sent the pm off. It was a bit longer than a basic one so I will await reply. Thank you.

I have had no reply yet from the mod in question but in the interest of fairness because of the time of the year it is we may get back to this after xmas. I have suggested this to him and he has agreed to get back to me in a few days.

I don't mind remaining banned as I'm not a heavy boards user (or indeed the internet at all anymore) and probably won't be posting again anyway in LGBT because of the unfair treatment I am getting. But its the principle.

So if this could remain pending and it will hopefully be resolved at a later date. I'm sure we all have better things to be doing than thrashing this out in this moment in time.

Thank you.

Can I move this up please and get somebody independent (Is it a C Mod?) to check this out please?
    I have had no reply for 8 days and xmas is over now and still no reply.

I don't know how to link the thread - I wouldn't be very techy but the forum and thread in question is in my first post. I just want an answer because to me it is a blatent case of abuse of mod power and its getting very tiring and personal at this stage. Its fairly obvious anyway. Why was my post deleted while others who said the same were allowed to stand and why am I banned for one month?

Thank you.

Hi apache,

I've had a look over the thread, and from what I see in the thread I can't really see any justification for a month's ban. There's an obvious issue with commenting on a mod action on thread, which will earn you some kind of penalty anywhere on boards, but usually only a red card, not a month's ban!

Will PM the mod to get their side of the story and come back to you. If I haven't heard from them in the next couple of days I'll withdraw the ban.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement

Thanks Scofflaw.

Any word on this?

Sure the month is nearly up now which will suit the offensive mod fine. His delay tactics seem to be working well.

<snip> let's keep this to the issue at hand, if you have an issue with a Mod's behaviour outside the complaint in the DRP you can address that in Help Desk </snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hi apache,

Sorry for the delay on this, as I'm sure you can appreciate a lot of our volunteer Mods, CMods and Admins have been enjoying the festive season, as well they should. With half of your ban already served though it's not fair on you to be left hanging for much longer so I've asked for this to be sped up a little. Scofflaw or myself will get back to you as soon as we can :)

Hi apache,

in fact, I did get a reply, which I've had to consider in amongst holiday season impositions by RL.

Looking at the history surrounding, I can see the reasoning for it, but on balance, the ban is in this case unwarranted on the basis it was given and I have overturned it.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement