Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Problem with USB stick

Options
  • 20-12-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

(Note that this kind of strays into Xbox 360 territory)

My sister has a USB stick which we plugged into the Xbox 360 one day in order to view videos. The Xbox proceeded to wipe the data and replace it with 360-compatible content, which it never did before. Now whenever I view the USB stick in my PC, there is a partially hidden folder called "Xbox 360". When I open that up, there are three files that are called Data0001, Data0002 and Data0003. Their file format is just simply "File". As a result, they cannot be read by the PC or by the 360.

The data (as my sister is incapable of keeping backups :rolleyes:) is irreplaceable. There are no copies of it anywhere else.

I used EaseUS to recover some of the more important data from the USB and it did. However, many of the files are corrupted and/or glitchy, although some can be viewed as they were before. Plus, there is 4GB worth of data on the USB and the trial of EaseUS can only recover 1GB.

The data, as mentioned before, is irreplaceable. It is also EXTREMELY important to my sister successfully finishing her college education.

Are there any remedies to this? Or should I bring the USB to a techie?

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement