Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Wifi Issue

• 20-12-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Just changed from Eircom to Vodafone.
    I have also changed the modem from the Eircom to the Vodafone, just unplugging the cables and plugging them into the Vodafone modem.

The problem I have now is that the Wifi is not working.
    My phone, Tablet and Laptop, can see the connection alright, but they cannot connect.
    The Wifi light is continuing to flash on the modem also.
    I have PM'd Colm on the threads, but I was wondering if anyone else saw this problem?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Try changing the Wifi channel. What error do you get when you try to connect?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

There is no error, the devices just don't connect for some strange reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

You might need to change the channel setting on your router. Use Inssider to check what channels are congested, and change your modems channel setting to broadcast on a less-congested channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Did you actually set up the new modem. Is it using the same SSID, encryption type and password as the old one. If not did you change the connection parameters on your devices to match those on the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

Roast:
    Changed to a few different channels and it is pretty much the same.

FSL:
    No using the Vodafone SSID and Sec key

Anyone got any other ideas?
    Hepl greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement