Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working out GPA needed to get a 1:1

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭SirBorbey

@Mumtoe&e you've got to learn to recognize jealousy and ignore it. You've got an issue with Maths and that is now a big deal? Well I've got 3 degrees and all of them are in Law- a first degree and two post-graduate degrees the last of which I just completed in England with a distinction- this regardless I'm almost an absolute dimwit when it comes to very basic mathematics; as a matter of fact as a kid I used to cry whenever my mother attempted putting me through basic arithmetic. You've got a 12 year old son competing for your attention and still you're on a 3. 9 G.P.A? you deserve some congratulations darling.
    This is not an issue of imperfection. In my view you're a superstar, go for that first class girl, yes you can :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

SirBorbey wrote: »
    @Mumtoe&;e you've got to learn to recognize jealousy and ignore it. You've got an issue with Maths and that is now a big deal? Well I've got 3 degrees and all of them are in Law- a first degree and two post-graduate degrees the last of which I just completed in England with a distinction- this regardless I'm almost an absolute dimwit when it comes to very basic mathematics; as a matter of fact as a kid I used to cry whenever my mother attempted putting me through basic arithmetic. You've got a 12 year old son competing for your attention and still you're on a 3. 9 G.P.A? you deserve some congratulations darling.
    This is not an issue of imperfection. In my view you're a superstar, go for that first class girl, yes you can :-)

You know what sirborbey you are so right, thank you so much... And seen as how I was accused of boasting I may as well tell my story further, not only do I have a 12 year old I also have a 6 year old and on top of that I commute 80 miles per day in order to study at UCD, not missing one single day in class, so yes you're right that is all something to be proud of - thanks so much!! There will always be folk in the world destined to belittle you & bring you down then equally there will always be the nice folk who will lift you back up again thanks so much for your kind words & thanks for sharing your story, well done to you too

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pseudo_23

3.68 is 1st class honours? That's quite low!

Advertisement