Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dont you hate it when you dont have the cash to invest

• 20-12-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

I wanted to invest in SEAM

Didnt have the freecash and was going to sell some stuff on NYSE when it opened but i was too late :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭delux

I have the opposite problem, I put too little into each stock so i've always spare cash :)
    Just reading in the current edition of Fortune about people who put *all* of their money into Apple shares a few years ago and have now retired millionaires. Not sure if i could put so much into one stock... Ill have to ponder that.

How did you hear about SEAM btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Through work. I got to demo their main product on my android and i really like it.

They are putting alot into their sales so i see alot of potential for expansion.

They have some stock options at the moment.

For every 4 shares owned you can purchase 1 more for 16 sek.
    Current share price is 18.70SEK.
    This offer is due to expire tomorrow.

What do you think. Will the shareprice drop once this offer is over or do you think it will increase?

Ya it takes alot of balls to put a hugh amount of money into a company when they are penny stocks. Back in the 80's when the stock was .60 cents a share.

Even putting 1 or 2 k into it was alot back then but that 1 or 2 k turned into 1 or 2 million. :)

Got paid early because its christmas so i got in during a bit of a pull back today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

delux wrote: »
    Not sure if i could put so much into one stock... Ill have to ponder that.

Quoting Warren Buffett, "Put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket very carefully" :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Timmaay wrote: »
    Quoting Warren Buffett, "Put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket very carefully" :P

Yes and putting into a tech stock, with 32m shares and no earnings is not it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

Got paid early because its christmas so i got in during a bit of a pull back today.

Its moving in the right direction , up roughly 20% in the last week.

bbsrs wrote: »

Its moving in the right direction , up roughly 20% in the last week.

Yup.
    I jumped the gun a bit when I got in but I'm still up 11%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Timmaay wrote: »

I think it was Jim Rogers who said that..

Really taking off this morning. Up 10.4%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭whysomoody

delux wrote: »
    I have the opposite problem, I put too little into each stock so i've always spare cash :)
    Just reading in the current edition of Fortune about people who put *all* of their money into Apple shares a few years ago and have now retired millionaires. Not sure if i could put so much into one stock... Ill have to ponder that.

How did you hear about SEAM btw?

Its funny, there are a lot more people who made others millionaires doing the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Even if you do miss the boat at some point due to not having the funds there are always going to be other opportunities.

Advertisement