Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 week manicures

• 20-12-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used different brands of this? I had one from the 'artistic' brand and was really disappointed. It chipped after 2 days! Another girl who had it had the colour kind of shrink of her, so it didn't fit on her nail, bit bizarre, but i've read rave reviews on it. Does anyone know much about the different brands, shellac, artistic, gelish, gellux and orly gel fx are available around me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Shellac is the only one I've tried but I haven't a single bad word to say about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Shellac and Gelish are pretty good quality. I would not really know much about the other brands and wouldn't have them done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have used both gelish and Shellac. Gelish lasted about three days on me before it started lifting at the sides. Shellac normally lasts about ten days on me but to be fair I am really hard on my nails. Normal nail varnish even professionally applied last me about an hour:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have got more than 2 weeks out of Shellac and Geleration. I find it's also down to the skill of the girl doing it and the strength of your own nails as if you have weak nails, they can crack under the Shellac and then it comes off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Shellac and Gelish have both given good results for me in the past. Bio Sculpture also lasts really well, but it's more heavy duty than the others (and expensive).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

I generally get 3 weeks out of Artistic or Shellac. Find Gelish is not as good though, chips too easily. Like the above poster said the skill of the person applying them is a factor. If you are quite careful (wear rubber gloves if cleaning the house for example) & use cuticle oil daily it should help them last longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I have had the OPI one and it lasts really well. Got about 3 weeks out of it. Some amazing colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 star0505

The best one is Geleration by Jessica, lasts min 3 weeks!

Advertisement