Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nora Casey fatigue!

Options
  • 20-12-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Is anybody else getting 'browned off' of how often Nora Casey is popping up everywhere? At first I thought she was very capable on Newstalk but sometime quite caustic if crossed by anyone, the sarcasm isn't far in. However now she is on Today and I've seen quite a few newspaper articles on her. Definitely geetting a surfeit of Ms Casey! Are there not any other presenters needing a start in the business??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I don't mind Nora Casey, but I wonder why she accepted to present the show with that woman (after the alleged allegations and that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Yeah, I could take her or leave her. Don't know how she because so popular over night to the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

At the moment, I don't mind her too much, but I saw her on RTE during the holidays as a fashion judge at the Leopardstown races and her outfit was nothing to write home about.

Maybe she needs the money, I suppose. But maybe just stick to her business USP when in the media?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I was curious when she got that tv presenting job on RTE. I obviously don't know her personal circumstances but she doesn't exactly come across as someone who needed the job. Would it not have been better for RTE allow some new up and coming tv presenter who needed work, to be given a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

fg1406 wrote: »
    Would it not have been better for RTE allow some new up and coming tv presenter who needed work, to be given a chance?

Does that sound like RTE to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

No...you're right! Why bother hoping for fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Nora Casey = Smug :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tallyv

yea she is everywhere, its mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A militant feminist and it becomes very tiresome. Take the legal profession for instance it has become swamped with women in recent times. We get it Norah now stop pushing your agenda. Women are our equal ok but they're certainly not better than us. PC or not if you're standing trial on a serious charge the majority of defendants will chose a male barrister. Hence it's at solicitor where they've dominated in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I think this is the reason she has taken up every bit of work that comes her way

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/dragons-den-star-norah-casey-mourns-husband-2907053.html

The woman is grieving the loss of her husband and who is to say what any of us would do under the circumstances. I heard an interview she did with Brenda Fricker recently where Brenda warned her of the dangers of using work to avoid dealing with grief.
    http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/norah-casey-says-work-helped-her-cope-with-her-beloved-husbands-death-3241354.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Just seen her on TV3.

Someone needs to tell her step away from the Botox!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

fg1406 wrote: »
    I was curious when she got that tv presenting job on RTE. I obviously don't know her personal circumstances but she doesn't exactly come across as someone who needed the job. Would it not have been better for RTE allow some new up and coming tv presenter who needed work, to be given a chance?

Seeing as RTE have in recent times given presenting jobs to former Westlife members and that guy who married Pippa whatshername it harldly comes as a surprise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Devostator

Yeah, I could take her or leave her

Advertisement