Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Generation Broadband?

Options
  • 20-12-2012 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone tell me if this is available in Prosperous in county Kildare? I have been told the exchange in prosperous has not been enabled yet but I was sure it is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi foggy_lad

That is correct, the exchange in prosperous has not been enabled for NGB.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭swedex

I really wish Eircom would lose the phrase "Next Generation Broadband", it's embarrassing for what you're promoting.

I checked my line and got the "Congratulations, you can get superfast Next Generation Broadband" nonsense. The max I can get through the phoneline is 1Mb down and probably smoke signals up. :rolleyes:

But those 10Gb usage limits are very tempting. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi foggy_lad

That is correct, the exchange in prosperous has not been enabled for NGB.

Regards

Al
    Any date for when if ever it will be enabled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi foggy_lad

There is no date planned to upgrade this exchange to NGB and equally there is no approximate timeframe available. Sorry i couldn’t be the bearer of better news foggy_lad.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭swedex

foggy_lad, fixed wireless broadband might suit you if your DSL isn't up to much. Wicklow Broadband seems to cover Prosperous. http://www.wicklowbroadband.com/coverage.php

I'm not trying to shill, I'm sure there are other operators in the area, I just don't know any.

• Advertisement
Advertisement