Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Charges for 2013

Options
  • 20-12-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39 bigfluffycloud

Yearly Bin charges have increased a good bit for next year in the County, was wondering who people have their bins collected by & what the are being charged for next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yearly Bin charges have increased a good bit for next year in the County, was wondering who people have their bins collected by & what the are being charged for next year?

Barna Waste collect mine, but I use the bags and it's cheaper than the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Oh its gone so expensive. WERS are €320/year, have to find a cheaper option.

• Ballinrobe waste approached us and offered a price freeze of 200 per year until 2014.
    Snapped it up, Bye Bye Wers ye robbing b******s

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bigfluffycloud

Ballinrobe waste approached us and offered a price freeze of 200 per year until 2014.

Jeez that's a great price but I assume they dont cover the headford area. Barna & Wers now same price at €320 per annum, robbery!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mamarazzi

Ballinrobe waste approached us and offered a price freeze of 200 per year until 2014.

Do they collect from County Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Can I ask where you are&when did 'Ballinrobe Waste' approach you? PM me if you want, as they have sent us the invoice for 2013 for E320, and a neighbour who has the smaller size black bin E275.00.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Jeez that's a great price but I assume they dont cover the headford area. Barna & Wers now same price at €320 per annum, robbery!

Price fixing much?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hession

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

Anyone know what day Morans collect in the Kilreekil area?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

I've gone for the WERS Etag thingy as 340 per year far too much to pay imo --- Etag you only pay for what is lifted plus €5 per month service charge, so they tell me so will be interesting to see how its operates in practice.

We fill 1 large recycling and 1 large landfill wheeley bin per month so it'll cost me €20 per month (€10.25 per landfill bin lift + €4.50 per recycling bin lift + €5 monthly service charge) so at €240 per year still pricey but better than €340 so went that route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Just got my invoice for 2013 from WERS, €320 up from €240. No chance. Anyone find a cheaper alternative ? or manage to get your old rate back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

I've gone for the WERS Etag thingy as 340 per year far too much to pay imo --- Etag you only pay for what is lifted plus €5 per month service charge, so they tell me so will be interesting to see how its operates in practice.

We fill 1 large recycling and 1 large landfill wheeley bin per month so it'll cost me €20 per month (€10.25 per landfill bin lift + €4.50 per recycling bin lift + €5 monthly service charge) so at €240 per year still pricey but better than €340 so went that route
    plus weekly overweight rip off charges that you have no proof of brings it about another 100 euro per annum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Just got my invoice for 2013 from WERS, €320 up from €240. No chance. Anyone find a cheaper alternative ? or manage to get your old rate back ?

Interestingly ours is €320 for the year too, with Barna.

Hummm? :rolleyes:

Advertisement